Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

M42 camo helmet-real?

Article about: Hello everyone, I just picked up an m2 camo helmet from Britain. I need your keen eyes on this one. Shell markings hpk64 3089 liner split rivets with washers on all 3 rivets.Rivet I checked

Default Re: M42 camo helmet-real?

If I had my druthers, As I'm sure most collectors would,
    I'd want an 'un-messed with' helmet every time......!

You don't mind de-valuing your collection ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: M42 camo helmet-real?

It has nothing to do with money, nothing. I love these objects as if they were my children. I have plenty of money to spend on these items, but i never do it for profit. The real history in these objects happened almos 70 years ago. The germans of ww2 would laugh their asses off thinking someone would be worrying about its value. So no is my answer, it might devaluate in this point in time, but in the future collectors might be painting pink bows on them.
    It is not about the object, it is about the man who walked before in it. Like the brave german boys if ww2 that everyone considers evil devils these days. I collect to remember these dear men, somebody has to.

So value should be dead last on the list, in my opinion all helmets should be in a museum for everyone to enjoy. And that is what I plan to do with these one day. So no matter what, I will never recoup my investment. No amount of money can be paid just to feel for one second of what it really was like back then. That flasback effect, that takes me back to the good old days is what I pay for.......and I love it.... Bent rivet or not, I love it all the same.

Phew that was a mouthful, hope you can see what my true motive is. Meed to go play call of duty black ops, prestige level 13. Good day eh my fellow canuck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123