Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 DAK - good or bad?

Article about: Hi, What are your thoughts om this M42 DAK helmet? ....good or bad? Regards Replace

Default M42 DAK - good or bad?

Hi,

What are your thoughts om this M42 DAK helmet? ....good or bad?

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 DAK - good or bad?   M42 DAK - good or bad?  

M42 DAK - good or bad?   M42 DAK - good or bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 DAK - good or bad?
    P
    Many

Paint is post war but the helmet itself is original IMO! Leather and chinstrap are fake I believe.

Lots of discussion about these, war time shells that have been refurbed. For many years they were thought to be post war for the Egyptian army from eastern europe, but that has been debated recently and it has been suggested they were refurbed for the SS during the war. Not DAK and most still think they are post war refurb, so don't pay too much for it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

So there isn't something sure on what are these? What do you think about such helmets?

MAP
    ?

As Jerry said, lots of theories and conjecture but nothing concrete. So it should be priced as a post war refurb IMHO...Maybe one day some evidence will emerge but I wouldn't bank on it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    So there isn't something sure on what are these? What do you think about such helmets?
    I tend to think that they are post war refurbs, but I am always open to proof, but that has yet to be supplied in sufficient quantity to change that opinion.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Another brick in the wall... And the encyclopedia of German lids expands!!

Hi, as Jerry and the others have said these are considered by the vast majority of collectors to be post war re-furbs for the Egyptians. I personally had not heard the SS theory before but I would not consider paying anything more than a post war re-furb price myself. Leon.

I remember such helmets in Stuttgart in the 80's, every was in a sheet of paper and all the helmet was painted like this one, everywhere.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello,
    I do not have the pretentiousness to say what exactly this helmet is, but it reminds me some other helmets supposedly found "in the east of Europe" during the late eighties...they were all painted this way inside and outside. IMO they were found in the east of Paris and refurb in a garage somewhere in IDF (here IDF means Ile de France, the area where Paris is located, not Israel Defence Forces)...I think i still have an ad in a magazine that shows them...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast