Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M42 dd review

Article about: Hi i have a german m42 helmet with a tricolor on one side the eagle on the onther side is scrapped of ,i am not worried if the m42 is Original he is the paint stamps and innerwork are ok the

It looks like this lid may have been played with a bit postwar.
    Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 dd  review
    P
    Many

?

Id Just leave it alone. I might try to rub it with a warm wet cloth to see if it does slip off . its so faded anyway, you can barely see it, so it doesn't stick out too much.
    Last edited by Dean; 08-05-2013 at 07:57 AM.

No it is barely vissible we never no who have done this because the rest of the helmet its oke i think its better to use a breadbag strap on the helmet.

Quote by brabander View Post
    Look at this volkssturm picture the man in front

Attachment 549078

By 1944 or 1945 still not removed look als the other man a ww1 era helmet and a luftschutz helmet
    Jim was referring to manufacture dates, not the actual time it was worn. Those are two different spectrums.

Quote by brabander View Post
    Look at this volkssturm picture the man in front

Attachment 549078

By 1944 or 1945 still not removed look als the other man a ww1 era helmet and a luftschutz helmet
    That helmet looks to me to be a medium weight bulged vent M34 shell like this one, not an M42. Just my lay opinion. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 dd  review   M42 dd  review  

I understand i was referring that no wehrmacht helmet on this time of the war supposed to have any decals at all normally following the rules but ass you see it is possible.

Its not clear to my what it is the distance is to great, i like this picture because the volkssturm using everything.

Quote by Dean View Post
    The colored shields were supposed to be removed in 1940 from what i remember.
    Guard units serving within Germany usually still retained the double decal helmets. The majority of clean double decal SS helmets in collections all have provenance to the LAH barracks in the Obersalzburg.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Original M-42 as stated made by CKL (ET factory) and this is sometimes poorly stamped worn dies lacking the K as stated post war decal most likely and swaz on front probably also however sometimes Vets painted these on for show I have one with two small swaz painted one on front one on top US Vet done I don't know where your helmet came from so most likely post war somehow. Still a good condition M-42. timothy

?

I agree, GI's painted swazi's on helmets I've seen before. The only period painted swazi's ive ever seen were done on WWI helmets by the frei korps. But they were stationary Swazi's. this is just from my limited knowledge.
    I've posted this before, but for reference this is an example of an m35( could be 40) with a painted over shield in the field.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 dd  review  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast