Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 with decal original?

Article about: Did they put decals generally on these later helmets?I was talking to a guy said all m42 helmets with decals were added post war,guy is full of beans.Anyone have any period pics of m42s with

Default M42 with decal original?

Did they put decals generally on these later helmets?I was talking to a guy said all m42 helmets with decals were added post war,guy is full of beans.Anyone have any period pics of m42s with decal to show?I know this helmet with decal was brought back by the vet as I bought it from his son
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 with decal original?   M42 with decal original?  

M42 with decal original?   M42 with decal original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 with decal original?
    P
    Many

?

Hi Toecutter,

The helmet looks like a nice ET M42. Very similar to mine.

You're right, the guy did not know what he was talking about. They continued to put Decals on helmets until 1943 when the order was given to stop putting decals on helmets due to them not being necessary and to save time in the production.

Alex

Lol, ask the guy if he has any of those rascally M42 SS helmets with their fake decals that he wants to get rid of

Andy

Hi Toecutter,

Have a look at Schwerpunkt's website for some original examples: Heer Helmets – German Helmet Vault

Andy

Thanks guys,appreciate it.Yeah its an ET Alex thanks for that info.Andy I doubt this guy would have any but I told him if he finds any m42s with decal I would like to look at them,as post war added decals wouldn't bother me.ha Will check that link out.

Decal drop occurred around lot no 3200 on M42's apparently (something I've learnt from this fine forum) Regards Paul

As said above, the guy was talking out of his backside. Yes they stopped applying decals midway through M42 production but that doesn’t mean they didn’t apply them at all. This helmet is a very nice example of a decal’d M42, a one looker some would say.
    Many thanks
    Harvey

Fine example.

Gotta love an M42 with a decal , they look the goods.
    B

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Did they put decals generally on these later helmets?
    Hello,
    M42s with Heer decal were produced between August 1942 and August 1943
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast