Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 ET Luftwaffe Details

Article about: I am confused, this decal I think is a fake. Can't get a clearer picture! The edge of this ET helmet decal does not match the ET decal. Thank you for your comments.

Default M42 ET Luftwaffe Details

I am confused, this decal I think is a fake.

Can't get a clearer picture!

The edge of this ET helmet decal does not match the ET decal.

Thank you for your comments.

Attachment 1321990
    Attachment 1321991
    Attachment 1321992
    Attachment 1321993
    Attachment 1321994
    Attachment 1321995
    Attachment 1321996
    Attachment 1321997

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ET Luftwaffe Details
    P
    Many

The decal isn't the only thing that is fake here, 1935 dated chinstrap in an M42? Really? And a square bale alu reinforced liner? ( which also looks like a repro 'cause it has no real wear to it)
    But those're just my thoughts.
    Luis

Though the chinstrap might be good, but I'm not sure

I'd go as far as to say the whole setup is bogus. Vent holes are far too large. No wear or fading on the shell from the chicken wire, which has fresh red rust around the edges and nowhere else (not a good sign!), and the liner and chinstrap appear to be reproductions. If anyone can correct me, please do. But I believe this one is a ground-up fabrication.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I'd go as far as to say the whole setup is bogus. Vent holes are far too large.
    Jesus, I didn't even realise that, yikes, those are definitely too big, maybe someone tried to drill them out post war or something.
    Luis

Nothing good here.
    D.

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    The decal isn't the only thing that is fake here, 1935 dated chinstrap in an M42? Really? And a square bale alu reinforced liner? ( which also looks like a repro 'cause it has no real wear to it)
    Luis
    An early chinstrap on a later war helmet isn't unheard of. I have a late war M42 (early 1945) with a maker-marked chinstrap, which indicates the strap was made pre-1943, prior to the introduction of the RB numbering system. If there were old chinstraps laying around, they'd use them.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    An early chinstrap on a later war helmet isn't unheard of. I have a late war M42 (early 1945) with a maker-marked chinstrap, which indicates the strap was made pre-1943, prior to the introduction of the RB numbering system. If there were old chinstraps laying around, they'd use them.

B.B.
    I have handled one 1935 dated strap in my life. It was somewhat worn....might have been 36' but after much debating we were somewhat sure it was 1935
    D.

Ow no close ups needed for this helmet, bad all the way.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Ow no close ups needed for this helmet, bad all the way.
    He sells $300

- - ------- - -

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Luis

Though the chinstrap might be good, but I'm not sure
    Thank you for your comments

- - ------- - -

Thank you for your comments

Quote by CamoForce View Post
    He sells $300
    It's not even worth that. It's a ground-up fabrication, completely worthless from both a historical and collectibility standpoint. No part of this helmet is original.

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast