Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M42 German Helmet

Article about: A co-worker of mine wants to sell me this helmet. He is getting divorced. He is asking \\$150 for it and wondering what you guys think? Is this an ok price? It was his grandfathers war trophy.

?

Default M42 German Helmet

A co-worker of mine wants to sell me this helmet. He is getting divorced.
    He is asking $150 for it and wondering what you guys think?
    Is this an ok price?
    It was his grandfathers war trophy.
    There is a 14 stamped on the inside and something above it I can't read.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 German Helmet   M42 German Helmet  

M42 German Helmet   M42 German Helmet  

M42 German Helmet   M42 German Helmet  

M42 German Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 German Helmet
    P
    Many

Personally I wouldn't bother with it. Appears to have been painted primer grey (or something similar), has no decals or any other point of interest IMO. If you really want a representative example then maybe offer $100 as the liner band and shell are probably worth $50 each on their own.

It looks to have an unfinished rim and vents?
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

It might have been an interesting lid before the outer paint was stripped. I think it might be or have been a shipboard grey KM. It looks like it might be an EF M42 as well. Many KM M42's are by EF.

Probably worth the value in parts but not really a collector lid any more. If it was me I'd buy it at that price to help him out in his situation.

?

I was thinking the price was ok more to help him out. I don't have a M 42. It appears that there was a Swaz painted on the front you can still make it out a bit. I am thinking a kid played with it and messed up the paint and liner. Didn't think it was a GREAT BUY but just wanted some thoughts.
    He told me his grandfather was a MP during the war and was in Germany until 1947. Maybe was one from a prisoner? Who knows the story is long lost.
    Thanks guys always a pleasure to chat with folks with our strange addiction.

I would pass.
    chris

Hi , it's an M42 in very poor condition but if it helps your friend out why not have it , it has a bit of history to go with which is worth the price alone. Try and get some more of his dad's story to go with it. That will make the piece much more interesting. Leon.