Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

M42 German helmet

Article about: The liner on this helmet seems like it was meant for a bigger helmet because there’s bends where the buckles for the chinstrap are everything else seems legit am I right about the liner? He’

I quite like this one and would be happy to own it. It has that real combat used look about it. A great first helmet for your collection. It's also named (although very faint) which ads to the appeal. Looks like Fritz La--er? Maybe Fritz Lauer? Nice!

Is this the same source for all the helmts you have posted?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 German helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Late to this thread. Was busy yesterday.

Agree with what all is being said. A nice late war M42. $500 would be the top value wise but if you are looking for an just in time Christmas gift then a few more $$ might be worth the happiness it brings.

To quote Jeremiah Johnson "You've come far Pilgrim" from just a few days ago!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This one was from a different gentlemen he is an older man who’s kids are selling his stuff.

*Update* thank you guys for your opinions and we have came to an agreement, I’ll be picking it up from them after Christmas. I’ll post more pictures when I get it just to get some more close ups of everything. Thank you guys once again.

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    *Update* thank you guys for your opinions and we have came to an agreement, I’ll be picking it up from them after Christmas. I’ll post more pictures when I get it just to get some more close ups of everything. Thank you guys once again.
    Well done Giants, that is a fine helmet to start your collection with and one that you will never have to have any doubts or worries about. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Yay you finally found a good 'un!
    Regards
    René

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12