Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this M42 german helmet a good buy???

Article about: Don't forget the 'Toronto Military Show' is this Saturday, November 12th, 2011 at the Markham Fairgrounds.........!

Default Is this M42 german helmet a good buy???

hey this is my first time using this forum and i need your knowlage and help on this specific M42 german helmet for i am a bit skeptical on it and would like to know what you guys thing on it befor i buy it. Ok so, Remains of the army decal are still visible but it looks like somebody went nuts in cleaning off the outer paint on the helmet trying to revile the origional helmet paint and decal. the liner is in somewhat in the middle of deicent and poor, the leather is staying together well missing only parts of 2 tongues. The original RB numbered chin strap is there but is barely holding on. The helmet is stamped at wearers left EF64, the rear skirt is stamped 1513 and the ink marked size on the liner is a 56. he is selling it for $190 I would just like to know if it would be a good buy and if its selling for a deicent price or if it is even worth buying to put in my collection. let me know what your opinions are on it! thanx!

pictures should be in the attachments
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this M42 german helmet a good buy???   Is this M42 german helmet a good buy???  

Is this M42 german helmet a good buy???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this M42 german helmet a good buy???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this M42 german helmet a good buy???

Not for me, thanks. The guy who attacked the paint like that pretty much destroyed it for anything but a restoration piece-and even then, it would need all new guts inside as well. You can do much better for a couple hundred dollars. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It would have been a good buy if someone hadn't have messed with it....but thats only my opinion

Phill

And welcome to the Forum Jamie

That is a 20$ helmet if someone wanted it.
    Chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    That is a 20$ helmet if someone wanted it.
    Chris
    I'd pay $20 all day Chris

Was going to say that it might be worth it for the shell and chinstrap
    because original straps can be expensive - but after a closer look,
    I don't even think the strap is good.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

as a collectable helmet its value is now very little as some clown has destroyed it, but as a parts helmet it has value ,the liner even in that condition is still saleable , rgds Dave

I would like to have seen what it looked like before its present state. I'd save my money for a better helmet, especially at that price.

hey thanx everybody for your imput on this helmet. i know for shure now that its not a good buy. i just have never seen a helmet in this condition even at the military shows i go to every other month so i wasent shure if it was a deal or not. thanx agen!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast