Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

M42 Heer Ckl 64 for opinions

Article about: Here it is, coming up on the holidays. We've been paying off some credit debts, getting much of the Christmas shopping done. I've been feeling pretty good about the fact that we've managed t

No issues mate, M42 helmets seem to "work" the liners loose more often than M35/40's. Not unusual at all, the liner pins are untouched as is the rest of the helmet in my opinion. Great buy. Leon.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks Leon! On close inspection, I can't see anything to lead me to think it's ever been messed with either. I think it's been well cared for too, and probably looks about like it did 70 years ago when whoever it was picked it up. My suspicion is that it is a US vet bring-back. The history I know of it, starts with River Valley Militaria in Wisconsin and ends up in Tennessee where the guy I got it from lives. We'll never know though I guess, and the few dead bugs (yep, little flying insects of some sort) that are dried to the inner liner band probably won't tell me no matter how nice I ask.
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis

I bought a cheap USB microscope and have been playing around taking some photos. Here are some closeups of this helmets decal:

Name:  helmet1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  helmet2.jpg
Size:  84.9 KB

Name:  helmet3.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  helmet4.jpg
Size:  90.9 KB