Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 Heer opinions

Article about: Hi folks after the encouraging reviews my thread got last week I went ahead with the purchase, So here it is, M42 by ET stamped CKL 64 ( C & 6 unreadable) lot number looks to be either 3

Default M42 Heer opinions

Hi folks after the encouraging reviews my thread got last week I went ahead with the purchase, So here it is, M42 by ET stamped CKL 64 ( C & 6 unreadable) lot number looks to be either 3640 or 3646. It has the remains of a blue dome stamp and the liner is a Schuberth-werk dated 1943 ( kinda looks like a previous owner has bent the liner band slightly to read the stamp) Decal looks to be of the correct ET type although applied at a jaunty angle and the whole helmet is finished in field grey. Looks to me like a good honest combat veteran, I hope you Helmet experts agree. Regards, Paul P.S. chinstrap is an earlier 1937 production by G Schiele Loburg with an Alu buckle.

M42 Heer opinions M42 Heer opinions M42 Heer opinionsM42 Heer opinions M42 Heer opinions M42 Heer opinionsM42 Heer opinions M42 Heer opinions M42 Heer opinionsM42 Heer opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Heer opinions
    P
    Many

Maybe batch is 3040? if 3660 would be a problem due to the decal drop which occurred around 3200.

i can't see a problem (nice decal and pigskin liner) aside for the earlier strap (original but replaced most likely)

Early straps on late war helmets are by no means uncommon. My own late war ND M42 has an early, maker-marked chinstrap on it. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell apart a wartime replacement from a postwar one, but as long as the strap itself is authentic it shouldn't concern anyone other than an absolute purist.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Early straps on late war helmets are by no means uncommon. My own late war ND M42 has an early, maker-marked chinstrap on it. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell apart a wartime replacement from a postwar one, but as long as the strap itself is authentic it shouldn't concern anyone other than an absolute purist.

Regards, B.B.
    not uncommon but that's what i meant; you can't say when it was replaced.

Thanks for the comments guys, had a look through a loupe, the lot number appears to be 4049, regards Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys, had a look through a loupe, the lot number appears to be 4049, regards Paul
    3049 you probably wanted to say ;-)

You are of course correct 3049 i shouldn't do this on my mobile, fingers to big lol

?

A true combat vet, Great helmet.

Alex

TWS
    ?

Nice one! Congrats on taking delivery.

Strap was probably mated with the helmet post-war but no big deal. Helmets were issued with two straps because they were a wear item.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

A good honest helmet Paul, well done. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast