Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

M42 Heer Rough Texture Wood Chip

Article about: Thanks for the warm reception on an earlier posted helmet find, I would like to continue with this one. Pulled this one from the woodwork a short while ago. Purchased it from the veteran's g

?

Default Re: M42 Heer Rough Texture Wood Chip

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    G'day relicz, as you have said the liner pins look good with washers intact so i assume the liner band has never been removed? if so and please correct me if i am wrong, but how do you ascertain the Drp nA stamps on the liner band?

Regards Phill.
    There are three ways I know of reading tight liner band markings (without unnecessarily disturbing them of course). A magnifying glass using a flash light at an angle, a bore scope, or a digital inspection camera. But often the easiest way is looking at the inside of the liner band you can see the marking embossed in reverse.

Hope that answers your question.

One more I almost forgot to mention that has works on occasion. Digital macro photos of the area using alternative lighting other than the camera flash. Take lots of pictures until one comes out clear enough to read the liner band. Enlarging the pictures afterwards often helps reveal detail.

So I guess that makes five ways I know of, at least the ones I've discovered. I'm pretty sure other methods exist as well.
    Last edited by relicz; 11-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Yup, just read the embossing in reverse, that's what I do.

[QUOTE=relicz;711827]There are three ways I know of reading tight liner band markings (without unnecessarily disturbing them of course). A magnifying glass using a flash light at an angle, a bore scope, or a digital inspection camera. But often the easiest way is looking at the inside of the liner band you can see the marking embossed in reverse.

Hope that answers your question.

One more I almost forgot to mention that has works on occasion. Digital macro photos of the area using alternative lighting other than the camera flash. Take lots of pictures until one comes out clear enough to read the liner band. Enlarging the pictures afterwards often helps reveal detail.

So I guess that makes five ways I know of, at least the ones I've discovered. I'm pretty sure other methods exist as well.[/Q Thank you relicz for a more than thorough answer to my question,most informative, thank you i have learned something again.

Best Regards

Phill.

?

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    [/Q Thank you relicz for a more than thorough answer to my question,most informative, thank you i have learned something again.

Best Regards
    Phill.
    It's all good Phil, we are all here to learn from each other. There is nothing better than we enthusiasts sharing our collective knowledge. I learn daily and appreciate the opportunity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123