MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

m42 heer.....value

Article about: I found this helmet on-line and wonder how much is it worth. The seller wants \\$550, but thought it way too much.

?

Default m42 heer.....value

I found this helmet on-line and wonder how much is it worth. The seller wants $550, but thought it way too much.
    Attached Images Attached Images m42 heer.....value  m42 heer.....value  m42 heer.....value  m42 heer.....value 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m42 heer.....value
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: m42 heer.....value

It looks in a semi relic condition to me , there appears to be a lot of heavy deposits in places, the liner looks in a bad condition and the interior of the helmet looks to have been repainted, possibly with a rust preventative , the decals picture could be ok but a close up would be better, i too think its a little high on price, for that money i think there are better looking helmets on the market

I agree with dave, its in to rough a condition for that kind of money. Decal is a hard one without a clear up close pic but its ok.

The photos are pretty crummy, but anything with a more or less complete
    original decal is more expensive these days. I'd want much better shots
    than these. As Dave says above, it does look quite rusty.

I saw one last fall at a show here, in worse shape: laquered, rotted liner
    and a barely there decal, asking $475. This one appears to be a
    small size, '62' possibly...........
    Regards,

Steve.

$550 is a fair price for this helmet in my opinion, but I try to only buy things that I can get good deals on. It wouldn't be too hard to find one in similar condition for $450-$500. If you try to buy it, you can try to talk the price down a bit as well. That may be what the seller is anticipating anyway.

I agree, $550 is around the right mark for this assuming the decal is correct but if you can get it any cheaper then thats a bonus! good luck!

?

Many thanks for the feedback. I thought it just a bit too rustic for the price. Part of the fun for me is getting a good deal. Makes things less stressful, if I can convince the wife that it is an investment.