Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M42 helmet Luftwaffe, post-war reuse?

Article about: Hello, I want to show you this M42 made by "Sächsische Emailler und Stanzwerke" (hkp). I know the decal of "Luftwaffe" ist not authentic but may I ask you about the colou

Default M42 helmet Luftwaffe, post-war reuse?

Hello,

I want to show you this M42 made by "Sächsische Emailler und Stanzwerke" (hkp). I know the decal of "Luftwaffe" ist not authentic but may I ask you about the colour, the liner and the chinstreap please? At least the liner is not a regular one used by the German army and someone told me that this indicates that the shell was reused and the liner added by Austrian police forces (Constabulary/"Gendarmerie") after ww 2. What do you think about?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 helmet Luftwaffe, post-war reuse?
    P
    Many

?

Looks like it is a post war reissue to another country maybe Czech liner does not look german to me

Liner is not TR and the decal is fake.

PS: I didn't read your whole post before my reply. I think it may be a post war reissue, but with the fake decal, and the paint on the liner, which suggests to me that the final paint isn't even what was applied when it was reissued, to me it isn't really worth pursuing.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Liner is not TR and the decal is fake.

PS: I didn't read your whole post before my reply. I think it may be a post war reissue, but with the fake decal, and the paint on the liner, which suggests to me that the final paint isn't even what was applied when it was reissued, to me it isn't really worth pursuing.
    Nothing to add to this that Jim has not saided.
    chris

Hi and "Ditto" , walk away from this one my friend , it will do you no favours. A terrible replacement liner and poor decal. Leon.

Dear all,
    Thank's a lot for your clarification.
    Hello helmet2id, what's the meaning of "liner ist not TR"?
    With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Not TR means not Third Reich/Dritte Reich. I note the helmet shell has been re-stamped with another number - 159. It does look like an original shell that was re-issued. NH

Hello,
    Thank you for the information, NH.

May I ask you all about the colour: It's original Luftwaffe or postwar too?