Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 helmet no decals

Article about: Hi all, I found this helmed. I think it is a M42. No DECALS. Is it an Original or fake? Please help? GRTS, Wesley

?

Default M42 helmet no decals

Hi all,

I found this helmed.

I think it is a M42.

No DECALS.

Is it an Original or fake?

Please help?

GRTS,

Wesley

M42 helmet no decalsM42 helmet no decalsM42 helmet no decalsM42 helmet no decalsM42 helmet no decals

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 helmet no decals
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

What are your observations?

No pics of the liner or is there not one?

Shell looks original . I think it is an EF. Although the font is slightly different but could be due to the white greese pencil

What is the lot #? Is it 1760? If so, whether it is an EF or ET, this helmet should have a decal. Do you see any evidence of it being scraped off? There are no photos of the right side of the helmet

The 2nd photo, to me, give the impression of a non standard paint color, but it could just be the photos. Hard to tell.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, looks like am ex-whitewash that has been scrubbed back to me, there is white remnants of paint around the rivet head as well as in the stampings. There is a very faint outline of where there was a decal, it has been very neatly removed. As said though, the images are not great and is there indeed a liner ? Leon.

?

Default M42 helmet

Hi all,

I hope this will help.

Grts,

Wesley

M42 helmet no decalsM42 helmet no decals

There is something about the paint that just doesn’t look right and I’m not convinced that the paint is 70 plus years old.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Now I'm confused. I thought you said there was No Decal?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

That is a fake Q "Big Foot" decal on an EF helmet. Basic stuff. Really just a little study is needed. Not trying to be a pain in the butt, but would think after all this time and all these helmet questions / threads you would do some research and give your opinions/views when asking for advice. Not saying you have to be correct but that is the way to learn.

1) Study, 2) form and give your opinions and 3) post for help. Simple

MAP
    ?

OK. Now I'm really confused. Something didn't sit right. So did a bit of digging.

You already posted this helmet last year. So was it just found??

Kriegsmarine m42

?

...hmm. All is said. Faked and pimped up!

I'm confused too MAP!

Leaving it a year then re-posting unfortunately won't change the originality!

Andy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast