Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 helmet without decals

Article about: Hi guys, I have in collection for a long time this M42, without decals and gray-rough painted. Which I have always considered a and war production (and 44/1945). I would really like to know

looks a nice untouched helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 helmet without decals
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I think the 'fakers got to them' is being a bit overstated , I have not seen that many good ND's screwed up.
    It's a bit of an urban legend in my opinion.

Just saw a nice salty ND ckl today for sale at the fair , should have bought it.
    That's what I was implying Frank. That is what we've all heard but who really knows why. Personally I think most of these just sit in collections and just some are pimped up as it is the perfect template.

but I do know that I rarely see nice ones anymore. You should have picked it up if it was cheap and passed it on to make a few bucks!!! LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    That's what I was implying Frank. That is what we've all heard but who really knows why. Personally I think most of these just sit in collections and just some are pimped up as it is the perfect template.

but I do know that I rarely see nice ones anymore. You should have picked it up if it was cheap and passed it on to make a few bucks!!! LoL
    Evening Michael, if you want to see wrecked no decal M42's, pop, over to Europe mate. I can assure you that the east Europeans have been "knocking out" SS helmets for the past 30 odd years, trashing perfectly good no decal helmets in the process. I guess you fella's in the States have not had this problem to a great degree yet, but it is certainly over here on a huge level. The US market has up to now been much "cleaner" than the European market, and I hope it stays that way! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Evening Michael, if you want to see wrecked no decal M42's, pop, over to Europe mate. I can assure you that the east Europeans have been "knocking out" SS helmets for the past 30 odd years, trashing perfectly good no decal helmets in the process. I guess you fella's in the States have not had this problem to a great degree yet, but it is certainly over here on a huge level. The US market has up to now been much "cleaner" than the European market, and I hope it stays that way! Leon.
    The helmets found in Europe out of the woodwork these days are more beat up than the American ones.
    Jan from Norway finds a lot of helmets every year and I know several French collectors churning up pieces even in 2015.
    But honestly , how many ND's have we seen come out of vet estates or woodwork in Europe ?
    Much much less than decalled helmets. The US vets wanted the swastika and perhaps a good deal were re-used from unused stock in post war Germany.
    I think that is just the reason they are more rarely seen.

Leon , I thought of buying it for resale but eventually did not pursue it , I held a few other recent finds from France but all were below the condition I look for or I owned an example already.

I am looking for only a few special ones for the collection these days.
    Bought myself a nice Belgian WW1 M15 helmet instead ;-)

MAP
    ?

Good points Leon. It makes sense. I guess it all varies as to the reason. Probably a little bit of everything but in the end something I would wish to see more of over here. (Nice ND M42s that is)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hey friend,
    thanks for your comments and for interesting discussion !!!
    I always learn something from you.

cheers
    Roberto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2