Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 hkp66

Article about: Hello Forum! Hope you're all good in this "special" time. I recently discovered a M42, HKP in size 66 which looks good to me. Lot Number appears to be 317? There are traces of whit

?

Smile M42 hkp66

Hello Forum!

Hope you're all good in this "special" time.

I recently discovered a M42, HKP in size 66 which looks good to me. Lot Number appears to be 317?

There are traces of whitewash, so the helmet could be on eastern front right? Sadly, the paint isnt in the best condition and no dome stamp visible (or it depends on the lighting).
    The seller writes, owners initials are on the leather, but i couldn't find them.

Split pins seem a bit loose, but i learned here that this is normal.

I would like to hear your opinion on this piece thank you in advance

Best regards
    Tobi
    M42 hkp66
    M42 hkp66
    M42 hkp66
    M42 hkp66
    M42 hkp66
    M42 hkp66
    M42 hkp66
    M42 hkp66

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 hkp66
    P
    Many

The helmet looks good from those pics.
    If the pins are loose it is always a good idea to get some inside pics of the split pins to check to make sure there are no kinks in the pins and the washers are intact.
    The white wash residue could be anywhere from Europe where they had wintery conditions.

Looks good.
    The whitewash does not indicate which front the helmet came from, back then at least it snowed almost all over Europe in the winter
    Luis

Looks like a fine, battelworn M42, just as i like them. The whitewash and the name (maybe a faint pencil writing, i would ask for better pictures of the name to confirm) make it even better.

A nice "been there" combat worn piece. All good to my eye. Jim G.

Love it , very nice ND.

A Nice M42 with a battle worn look!

?

Thank you so much for your answers! Of course, it could be anywhere with winter conditions stupid question from my side..

I will ask the seller for better pics of the splitpins and whitewash, and post them here.

Best regards,
    Tobi

A very nice combat used M42 Tobi! I couldn’t see any initials either - only the liner size stamp so perhaps that’s what the seller saw. Anyway, would be a good ND M42 example to add to the collection.

Andy

Great helmet. Really this represents what the late war helmet looked like and thankfully has escaped post war enhancements. Probably thousands were left behind by allied soldiers wanting a more flashy decal or camo paint job souvenir. Now the norm is strangely rare.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast