Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M42 HKP66 opinions

Article about: Hello Forum! i would kindly ask you about your opinions on this M42 HKP size 66. Looks like a honest one to me. Unfortunatly the draw string is missing and liner is damaged but compared to o

?

Post M42 HKP66 opinions

Hello Forum!

i would kindly ask you about your opinions on this M42 HKP size 66. Looks like a honest one to me.
    Unfortunatly the draw string is missing and liner is damaged but compared to others, it is "relativ" cheap.

And i have to more questions:
    1) is it possible to re-align the rivets? they are standing out of the shell. i read somewhere that it is not possible, once they came lose.

2) which helmet marker and size are the most collectible..? So i can keep that in mind

Thank you all in advance and have a nice day

Tobi

M42 HKP66 opinions
    M42 HKP66 opinions
    M42 HKP66 opinions
    M42 HKP66 opinions
    M42 HKP66 opinions
    M42 HKP66 opinions
    M42 HKP66 opinions
    M42 HKP66 opinions
    M42 HKP66 opinions
    M42 HKP66 opinions
    M42 HKP66 opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 HKP66 opinions
    P
    Many

They are all collectable! It depends more on condition and configuration - an SS helmet will always be more than Heer for example.

That said, from my personal experience, i don't see as many SE/hkp as other manufacturers - not sure how others view this?

As the split pins are a little loose - it is worth asking for pictures of these. It may be that this has happened through honest wear, but best to check.
    And as it looks like a no decal helmet, what is the Lot number?

nick

MAP
    ?

From what I can see, it looks like a nice solid ND to me. Even wear to all the parts.

As Nick noted, a loose liner is often due to honest wear but photos of the split pins will confirm.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with the comments before me, but i want to add that i would not recommend to re-align the Split pins if they are lose, that is possible, but an experienced collector would be able to tell that they have been rebend, and that would always lead to questioning the fact that the helmet completly belongs to each other.
    I think really small Helmets and really large helmets are rather uncommon, so Sizes 60 and 68, but the rarest should be 70, 72, 74, i have never seen such a piece, but i´ve heard they exist.
    I also want to add that i think 475 Euros is an Okay price, but rather expensive considering my completly intact M40 with Luftwaffe Decal only cost 500 Euros.
    But at the end its your decision, i think its a nice looking Helmet.

MAP
    ?

Good point on not messing with a helmets liner oins.

I will say however that I rarely see complete ND helmets sold by dealer anymore for under $500. Maybe just where I am looking?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As i said its a okay price in my opinion, but you could get an Helmet with an Decal, if you wish for one with an Decal, for not that much more.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    As i said its a okay price in my opinion, but you could get an Helmet with an Decal, if you wish for one with an Decal, for not that much more.
    But, the lack of the decal is in itself quite desirable.
    They're not as easy to find, and a significant amount have been used to apply a fake decal or camo paint.

I think the price is fair, if you want a ND helmet. I would not pay any more though, based on the condition.
    Nick

?

hello all together and thank you for your answers! i'm always amazed by you guys!!

i will check if i can get pics of the split-pins, so you can judge if they come lose naturally. Thanks for the tips not to rebend them!

@HoundsTooth: the Lotnumber is 4104, sorry i forgot to add that.
    and as you said, an ND M42 is quite desirable (someone mentioned it in another post) and i guess it's not bad to have one. Yes there are helmets in better condition, but i like the look of it

@Adravor: i agree with you, a complete intact LW helmet is also very nice! But i can not find them for the price you said. More Like 900€ here in germany..

Best regards,
    Tobi

Hi Tobi,

Agree with all the sentiments above. Will just add that I purchased a nice original SD M42 from the same dealer a few months back and I am very happy with it. One of my pins is also loose but this is not uncommon and as part of the history of the helmet is best left untouched.

Yes, ND M42's are a good choice of helmet to purchase at the moment as many are having decals or camos adding which totally ruins their historical value so if you purchase one you have done well.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyM35; 11-21-2019 at 11:59 PM.

I got mine from a Dealer in France, it seems he has a fast changing inventory, but good quality items, i will pm you his site.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast