Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Luft SD

Article about: Hello everybody, This lid has come up for sale in my area. I believe the decal looks a bit strange. I've looked at many here on warrelics and it seems that most eagles have shaded areas alon

Default M42 Luft SD

Hello everybody,

This lid has come up for sale in my area. I believe the decal looks a bit strange. I've looked at many here on warrelics and it seems that most eagles have shaded areas along the lines on the top of the wings. However, I always like to ask first, as I may be wrong and it is an opportunity to learn and perhaps steer others clear of fakes!

Anyways - what do you guys think?

Thank you,

Quinn

M42 Luft SDM42 Luft SDM42 Luft SDM42 Luft SDM42 Luft SDM42 Luft SDM42 Luft SDM42 Luft SD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Luft SD
    P
    Many

fake decal , questionable liner. Pass on it.

?

Bad!
    Regards,
    John

Thank you gents!

- - ------- - -

May I ask what makes the liner questionable? So that I need not ask in the future

I don't particularly like how it looks , the color for one as if it had a wash and the fact that the edge is much thicker on the one side.
    Put your nose into the helmet and smell it. If it smells chemical or leather it's also an indicator something is wrong.
    But you need to have smelled a lot of old helmet leather to know the right smells (there are a lot as mint tan leather smells different from dark brown used leather).

Hi, personally I am not sure about the decal from these images, what I will say is that the chinstrap certainly appears to be a fake and the overall look of the helmet is not that attractive with those heavy scrubbing/scratches marks to the shell. I would leave it alone as well. Leon.