Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Luft with traces of Snow Camo

Article about: Hi all I’ve come across this M42 with traces of Snow camouflage. Unfortunately the Insignia is slightly incomplete!! Marked ckl 42 ... 2725 Sorry about the quality of the pictures. Views and

Default M42 Luft with traces of Snow Camo

Hi all
    I’ve come across this M42 with traces of Snow camouflage.
    Unfortunately the Insignia is slightly incomplete!!
    Marked ckl 42 ... 2725
    Sorry about the quality of the pictures.
    Views and Opinions appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Luft with traces of Snow Camo   M42 Luft with traces of Snow Camo  

M42 Luft with traces of Snow Camo   M42 Luft with traces of Snow Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Luft with traces of Snow Camo
    P
    Many

Hi Stevade.
    What an odd shaped helmet this is. Is it due to photography issues or is it something else ? Just looks strange for a 62 sized shell.
    Anyway...the remaining whitewash is always attractive. The swaz appears to be touched up ? Is it in your hands or these dealer/seller pics ?
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Hi Stevade.
    What an odd shaped helmet this is. Is it due to photography issues or is it something else ? Just looks strange for a 62 sized shell.
    Anyway...the remaining whitewash is always attractive. The swaz appears to be touched up ? Is it in your hands or these dealer/seller pics ?
    D.
    And odd shape for sure, hoping it is the angle to.

Stevade: Helmet looks like a nice piece and the remnants of the whitewash is always a big plus. Can't see the decal issue that David mentions based on these photos, but he has sharp eyes!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

On a full size monitor, enlarged view...there are small areas of light blue @ the 5:00 & 9:00 position of the swaz. Center of swaz looks thick & whiter than the rest of the decal. Not sure, maybe just rubbed or smeared from damage. But looks like something went on there
    D.

Hi All ...
    Thanks for comments, the Helmet is still with Dealer, these are his pictures, and again apologies!!
    The original pictures do not look as odd shaped as the ones I’ve posted.
    I can see where David’s mentioned about the Swaz being touched up, the Dealer hasn’t mentioned it in his advert.
    Worth a further enquiry I think!
    Other than that and being a small sized helmet, it doesn’t look that bad.

TWS
    ?

The shot from the front makes the helmet looks "squashed" for lack of a better word and in one of the side shots it appears that the rear skirt is unusually long. Could be the images are somehow distorted??

In the first image the proportions look normal. Strange.

I noticed the same things about the decal that David pointed out.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hi, if you can see better images without distortion it may be ok, but from these images i would pass on it. Leon.

I really like this - the remains of the snow camo is what makes it. I think the 'distortions' are just the camera angle - it would be nice to be 100% sure though.
    The swaz - it's really hard to tell if it has been touched up from the photos IMO. Is it abrasions on the helmet or something more? Definitely something that would need to be seen in hand to know for sure I think.
    If the price is right I think this would be a nice helmet to have.
    Nick

The weird dimensions are likely an illusion due to the wide angle lens used in most cheap digital cameras. They capture the scene to the extremities but close up shots get distorted different to the angle the human eye perceives the world. Another reason those selfie shots make your face look fatter than it really is!

Thanks all for the comments .... I must add the Size is 62 not 42 as I've posted.
    The Helmet in the Dealers original pictures do look to be all in proportion with an original M42.
    I have asked for some better pictures of the Decal and will post as soon as I've got them.

Again thanks all .... and watch this space!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast