Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 Luftwaffe Again

Article about: Hey folks, I suppose when it rains it pours m42 luftwaffe helmets. This decal itself actually looks good to me. What has me questioning it is the line above the decal perhaps being the outli

Default M42 Luftwaffe Again

Hey folks, I suppose when it rains it pours m42 luftwaffe helmets. This decal itself actually looks good to me. What has me questioning it is the line above the decal perhaps being the outline of another decal. Is this a good decal or crafted forgery? I dont have any issues with the detail of the eagle but know the reproductions are getting better and better.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Luftwaffe Again   M42 Luftwaffe Again  

M42 Luftwaffe Again   M42 Luftwaffe Again  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Luftwaffe Again
    P
    Many

Any opinions?

Hi, the original decal was clearly removed on this M42 as its "shadow" is very prominent. As for the current decal, I am not the best on Lufty's and couple that with the way off centre camera angle, I will leave judgment to those who are better informed. Leon.

Bird is an 'aged' copy if you ask me. You have to be wary of these - 10 euros and you have a decal that will fool many.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images M42 Luftwaffe Again 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I see the copy that was provided in the last post. I was under the impression that there were some variations of the detail line in question. I thought that some would have had a "dot" connecting the two lines together.

Copy of decal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Luftwaffe Again  

I am not going to purchase this helmet but would like to learn from this helmet decal in evaluating other decals in the future.

MAP
    ?

I've been looking at this decal for a part of this morning and to be honest I'm not seeing anything wrong with it. I do see what looks like a misalignment of the backing maybe.

If this is a fake. I too would like to know why as well.

Now the "freshness" of the helmet is weird to me. Seems like most of the paint has been worn away or been scrubbed but the decal is still in nice shape.

If I have to think this hard about a simple SD Luft M40, I would pass on it.

Edit:

I did just notice one thing. the claw (circled in RED) does appear to be different. The black line on the third toe goes front to back. this is different than both examples in Ken's book. Printing anomaly or fake? I don't know but like Leon, I don't have much experience with these decals. They are highly complex to me. I've also circled what appears to be a shadow of another decal. It is a bit high up though. Not sure if this is what Leon was talking about.

Double clicking the photo will enlarge it so you can actually see in detail.

M42 Luftwaffe Again
    Last edited by MAP; 12-31-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I fail to see how anyone can evaluate a decal with angled shots. Straight ahead clear shots subdued sunlight no flash

Yes I wish I could get folks to send me decent pictures. Its just not a reality half the time. Its usually Bubba or Barney with a flip phone camera and a 6 pack of beer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast