Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Luftwaffe helmet

Article about: Here the first helmet my wife bought me when we were dating. The decal ,the dome stamp and the maker have lacquer on them. The shell is a very dark green color. Chris

Default M42 Luftwaffe helmet

Here the first helmet my wife bought me when we were dating.
    The decal ,the dome stamp and the maker have lacquer on them.
    The shell is a very dark green color.

Chris
    M42 Luftwaffe helmetM42 Luftwaffe helmetM42 Luftwaffe helmetM42 Luftwaffe helmetM42 Luftwaffe helmetM42 Luftwaffe helmetM42 Luftwaffe helmetM42 Luftwaffe helmetM42 Luftwaffe helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Luftwaffe helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M42 Luftwaffe helmet

So, M42 had decals? I was under the impression that decals were no longer in use when the M42s came about. Gives me a reason to slap a decal on the one I'm building for reenactment!

Martin

What a considerate wife! Mine's never bought me a decent reference book let alone a cracking lid!! Hello Nitram, M42's could have decals, it's not that un common,especially on luftwaffe lids. All the best, Leon.

Quote by Nitram View Post
    So, M42 had decals? I was under the impression that decals were no longer in use when the M42s came about. Gives me a reason to slap a decal on the one I'm building for reenactment!

Martin

Hello Martin,
    Yes many Heer, Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine M42s helmets have decal on them....all those produced until the summer of 1943. If i remember well, the WSS also discontinued their runic decal, but in october 1943.
    It's good to have a wife who understand the hobby.....when we started our relationship, my wife asked my friends (in collecting) and they found a nice MP40 ammo pouch for her to offer me....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

I see, for some reason I thought it was until 1942 that decals were applied. D'oh!

Chris, can I use these pictures for reference when finishing my M42 for reenactment, and using it as a comparison between original/replica?

Martin

Quote by Nitram View Post
    I see, for some reason I thought it was until 1942 that decals were applied. D'oh!

Chris, can I use these pictures for reference when finishing my M42 for reenactment, and using it as a comparison between original/replica?

Martin
    I have no problem with that.
    chris

?

Cheers!

Martin

No wonder you married her if thats what she bought you while dating!!!!!!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    No wonder you married her if thats what she bought you while dating!!!!!!

Dan
    For Christmas on our first year of dating.
    chris

Nice one Chris, I love a woman that will get you a lid. I had one this Xmas from my girl too, we chose well mate

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast