Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 luftwaffe single decal helmet - please help

Article about: Hello, I am looking at possibly purchasing this M42 SD Luft. The seller wants \\$650 for it. It has a nice shell but the liner is not so nice and the chinstrap broken/half missing. I know that

Default M42 luftwaffe single decal helmet - please help

Hello,
    I am looking at possibly purchasing this M42 SD Luft.
    The seller wants $650 for it.
    It has a nice shell but the liner is not so nice and the chinstrap broken/half missing.
    I know that similar helmets in this condition seem to go for around this range but I am not an experienced German helmet collector (I mostly collect US helmets).
    So I want to know if there is anything special about this one that would make it worth more or less?
    Is $650 a reasonable price?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 luftwaffe single decal helmet - please help   M42 luftwaffe single decal helmet - please help  

M42 luftwaffe single decal helmet - please help   M42 luftwaffe single decal helmet - please help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 luftwaffe single decal helmet - please help
    P
    Many

For me $500 would be top for an example like this ......... on a good day. The leather looks like its just about to crumble.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you

Call me I may have one for you. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Too high.
    chris

MAP
    ?

Agree. I've recently seen one or two of the big dealers having nice clean M42s with decent liners in the $500 range. Forgot if they have decals.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thumbs down

I agree, with the liner in that condition and a broken chinstrap that is, to me ,a $300 - 350 helmet.
    In other words he has it double priced!
    Sarge

For me its a $450-500 helmet. Yes the liner looks as if its about to crumble, but to me that really is the only negative thing about it, and at least it's there! Here are the things that I do like about it;

1.) Nice textured paint with no surface rust
    2.) Decal is 90% or better
    3.) Full chinstrap (from what I can see)
    4.) Liner is very rough but present with drawstring
    5.) It's an M42 and they are my favorite

Overall in my opinion it is a very nice looking M42 except the liner. I'm sure they are getting harder to find by the day, with a decal in that shape. I would spend between $450-500 on this one. Definitely wouldn't be one you would want your kids to play with!

Too Expensive...save your money, something better and cheaper will come along...
    Glenn

Listen to Glenn, he scored an SD M42 for dirt cheap! I believe you had to put a lot of elbow grease into that one didn't ya Glenn?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast