Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M42 LW Stahlhelm

Article about: I thought you folks might like to see this M42 LW helmet I picked up in 1997. Someone painted a national shield on the right sid which I removed with a surgical knife. It is in original cond

Default M42 LW Stahlhelm

I thought you folks might like to see this M42 LW helmet I picked up in 1997. Someone painted a national shield on the right sid which I removed with a surgical knife. It is in original condition now. NHM42 LW StahlhelmM42 LW StahlhelmM42 LW StahlhelmM42 LW Stahlhelm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 LW Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 LW Stahlhelm

Looks good Neil - a bleeder by the looks of the liner.
    Funny little shield if that small area is where you removed it.
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It's seen better days but it's still got a nice decal, that's the best part

EDIT: The wear looks good to me from here, but there is no possible way that I can give an honest judgement on this decal with these pictures. Just disregard the "it's still got a nice decal"
    Last edited by Sir Payne; 10-15-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Yep defo blood on the inside and very nice helmet on the outside..you should take a few pics of it outside...
    wayne

?

Is it painted black in the interior?

?

Would like to see better pictures.
    Otto

a decal close-up would tell more about this helmet.

?

Yes I agree can you post a decal closeup?

Hi folks, Thanks for the comments. It is indeed a good single decal M42. My camera is not very good and this has been an issue in the past so apologies. I will try to get a better shot of the decal. The national shield was painted in the proper place but obviously it does not belong on this helmet. It was crude and looked like a high schooler applied it with Testor's paint. It chipped off with a surgical knife rather easily but that took hours of painstaking work. The bald patch on that side of the helmet is simply a wear mark. The inside paint is consistent with the exterior paint - LW Feldgrau. It is odd how the interior paint has deteriorated in a streaked pattern. It saw a lot of wear and tear in its day but I like them in used condition. NH