Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ???

Article about: Guys i picked this m42 up local. Another collector told me it may have been reworked by finland during the war. War? Or post war? It is a nice lid either way with no major damage. Missing th

Default M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ???

Guys i picked this m42 up local. Another collector told me it may have been reworked by finland during the war. War? Or post war? It is a nice lid either way with no major damage. Missing the leather but has a german band with odd copper rivets insted of the ww2 german split rivit setup.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ???   M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ???  

M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ???   M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ???  

Attached Images Attached Images M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ???  M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ??? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ???
    P
    Many

Original M42 shell but messed with. Unoriginal paint, liner band and pins. May have originally been a Luft lid. Could make an interesting restoration though and nice big sized shell!

Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Original M42 shell but messed with. Unoriginal paint, liner band and pins. May have originally been a Luft lid. Could make an interesting restoration though and nice big sized shell!

Andy
    Andy thank you for the reply. Can anyone tell me where to get paint? As well original split pins and rivets etc? Or would i be better off just buying a new liner?

Looking at this one on a bigger screen and the paint on the outside of the shell does appear to have age to it and would like to see another shot of the inside of the shell. Some outside daylight shots of the helmet in hi-res would be helpful.

Being a dark shade (potentially black) it may have been a Luft Flak helmet? Be interesting to see what others think.

A

MAP
    ?

Black painted liner bands are typical of post war re-worked Czech helmets. (or so I have been told). But that is not to say it is a Czech re-work. Anyone could have painted it and these photos that were sent to you are, well.... really bad.

If you haven't bought it yet, this is one to pass on by.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Guys here are some more pictures. Its dark here now so tomorrow i will get the daylight photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ???   M42 maker ns size 68. Post war ???  

MAP
    ?

My best guess is a post war Czech fire helmet. But could be just a post war biker helmet.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Heres some of the painted liner band

MAP
    ?

Thanks

Still think best bet is a Czech post war Fire helmet but happy to hear other views as I really don't pay much attention to post war rebuilds.

Guys this will make an awesome resto project for display! Thank you all for the information