Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?

Article about: by jimpy The problem is, is that there ARE wartime photos of medics with oversize markings either on helmets and or wearing bibs etc with prominent Red Cross markings on. Speaking from exper

Default Re: M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?

Quote by jimpy View Post
    The problem is, is that there ARE wartime photos of medics with oversize markings either on helmets and or wearing bibs etc with prominent Red Cross markings on.
    Speaking from experience, soldiers tend to personalise their kit to their own taste. They do not always follow what regulations may stipulate to the size of markings or how items should be worn.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?
    P
    Many

I am, as I said, not very knowledgable on WW2 German medics. I would love to see photos of hte medics in white helmets with the white bids, all with red crosses. Not that I doubt your statements, I just wonder- are they with front line troops or the read feild hospitals?

I have not really examined WW2 photos closely and I just can't remember seeing combat medics or regiemntal aid post medics in the very visiblily marked gear.

I want to correct my observations, and look closer at photos. However, I still am very skeptical about the stuff on ebay and other such sites. I have found even good dealers make mistakes if the stuff is not their specialty.
    I do enjoy looking at medical photos of all WW1 and some WW2 armies.
    jagdhorn

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Speaking from experience, soldiers tend to personalise their kit to their own taste. They do not always follow what regulations may stipulate to the size of markings or how items should be worn.

I know exactly what you mean Harry.

I always remember being told when on my recruits course, (many moons ago), that if you were to stand an 8 man rifle section side by side then you will get 8 different sets of personal kit and the way it is set up.
    Its not so prominent these days with the current PLCE, but Im sure that you Harry, like me and more than a few others will remember the fun and games of 58ptn web and the personalisation that we all seemed to do!

?

Ah 58 webbing , that wonderful well designed piece of military equipment that always seemed to fall apart at the wrong times, and the black and green electrical tape that we used to keep it together, happy days!!

Being a long-range sniper (Artillery) we didn't really bother with webbing much. But I do remember using it when I was in the army cadets, and we had to buy it ourselves or use 37 pattern webbing!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4