Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?

Article about: by jimpy The problem is, is that there ARE wartime photos of medics with oversize markings either on helmets and or wearing bibs etc with prominent Red Cross markings on. Speaking from exper

Default M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?

This helmet has recently been listed on ebay. Is it possible that this could be genuine? It has a buy it now price of £850. And is on a 30 day auction....
    Attached Images Attached Images M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?  M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?  M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?  M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?  M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?  M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?  M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?  M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?  M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?  M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 Medic Helmet on ebay. Genuine?

Nice looking lid.
    I have my doubts about the chin strap and liner though as they look too new.Its possible that it never saw that much service and therefore never got stained.I will look up IR 584 and find out if it did exist firstly and we'll take it from there.Shell looks quite good and markings too
    Tom

That's a post war mock-up and the strap is fake as are the painted name and stuff.

Hello Schwerpunkt, The liner, strap and painted name did get the alarm bells ringing! Do you think the paint job on the shell is contemporary or post war? It all looks a bit too good to be true.

fake, fake, fake
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Hello Schwerpunkt, The liner, strap and painted name did get the alarm bells ringing! Do you think the paint job on the shell is contemporary or post war? It all looks a bit too good to be true.
    All is post war in my opinion.

?

It looks like a postwar job to me aswell, but by highlighting it on a forum where its for sale is not really a good idea if you had been after buying it and it got the thumbs up you would no doubt have lost it ,next time i wouldnt highlight where it is for sale rgds Dave

Cheers for the advice Dave, you're right. I'll bare that in mind.
    Thanks.

?

WOW!!! you guys are good!!! I would have thought it was good.
    I may know about many things Military and Ordnance related..but that German stuff scares me..
    Years ago a Veteran gave me a few items he brought back..well some of the stuff he picked up in 1945...among the items was something I had never seen I now know it was an Honour Roll thingy...IC 2 ribbon with a Wreath and Rotortiller on it....I thought it was fake as it looked too new..as did the cased IC 1 and the cased Spange...the Spange looked like it was Silver Frosted..if you know what I mean..he gave me a lot of other items..then sold the rest to a dealer..I did show the stuff I had to a couple of dealers...they didn't like the Roll Of Honour bit...but it turned out, I found out a couple of years later..that one of the Dealers I talked had bought all of the rest of his stuff...a whole shoe box full...he had found in a building while it was used as a hospital and he a Canadian Medic......too bad my entire collection was stolen in the 80s while I was in the Canadian Army...been building back up since then..and now collect more of the dug up stuff...1750s-1945

Dean

Welcome Dean, Im new here too. Shame to hear that your collection was stolen. If you want more info on WW2 German helmets this website has been indispensable for me, almost all the info you could need is here. The Online Guide to World War II German Helmets. Also all the seasoned collectors on this forum are very knowledgeable indeed!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast