Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 no decal: help needed

Article about: Hello collectors; I've been offered with this helmet, at a reasonable price. The pics aren't good, and I'm not an expert, so I would like to know your opinion on it. It's hard to tell which

Default M42 no decal: help needed

Hello collectors; I've been offered with this helmet, at a reasonable price. The pics aren't good, and I'm not an expert, so I would like to know your opinion on it.
    It's hard to tell which is the actual color, since some pics are made with artificial light and some not.
    Any suggestion will be really appreciated, thanks.

M42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help neededM42 no decal: help needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 no decal: help needed
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M42 no decal: help needed

looks like a good m-42 to me.
    andrew

?

It would appear from your photo that someone has removed the Decal .That is a shame otherwise looks to be a nice helmet are there any markings on the chinstrap.

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 08-27-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: HAD TO REMOVE A WORD

Good M42 helmet ,it does look someone removed the decal.
    chris

?

Bloody shame about that decal. Still, I believe it's a nice lid nonetheless. Now, about whether or not to buy it...that depends on how "reasonable" the price is. Good luck!

Regards

Carl

Get it cheap. It doesn't look like the decal removal was a wartime modification. If you point this out to the seller then you may be able to get it for a bargain price.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Get it cheap. It doesn't look like the decal removal was a wartime modification. If you point this out to the seller then you may be able to get it for a bargain price.
    Good tip ObKrieger, that could help when it comes to the numbers game.

Thanks to you all; I think it is a factory no decal M42, and some genius tryied to see if under the paint there was a decal, first using acetone, and then scratching the paint... What do you think about the liner and the paint? The leather seems quite thick (look at the holes). The asking price is 300 euro. Thanks again for your replies.

Everything looks good to me but for 300 Euro I'd pass.

?

I dont know if its my eyes, or my laptop but does that liner look a reddish colour to anyone else, if so you know what im thinking

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast