Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 for opinion please!!!!!!

Article about: by geelong if the liner was Norwegian re dyed would you think the dye would have coverd the stiching on the finger as well Aha - great minds think alike Geelong! The ONLY way a liner could b

Default Re: M42 for opinion please!!!!!!

Quote by geelong View Post
    if the liner was Norwegian re dyed would you think the dye would have coverd the stiching on the finger as well
    Aha - great minds think alike Geelong! The ONLY way a liner could be dyed and there be nary a splatter on the stitching is if the liner was restitched.
    Was the Norwegian liners dyes BEFORE they were stitched together ( that is, in the flat form ) I would suggest a clear conditioner that has affected the leather but not the stitching.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 for opinion please!!!!!!
    P
    Many

yea wouldent think the norwegians would have re stitched 50 odd thousand helmet liners but? . i would bye this helmet if it was around 300 400 mark but dont like the rust ring on top of it, so maybe 3 somthing and if you do not win it, save your pennys for the next one .

?

The fact that the liner is an 8 finger liner and for the size of helmet it could have been altered , which is a possibility , this could account for the colour variation in the stitching, it may also account for the very crooked follow on stitching from the seam onto the finger, i think this is a case for an in hand examination, but unfortunately with these circumstances its a catch 22 situation

I would pass on this one whatever the price - there are plenty of very nice and affordable ND M42's out there that don't have these liabilities.

Thanks guys the helmet had a starting price of £230,there were no bidders at close of auction.being cash is tight i wrote to the seller and asked weather the price could be lowered it was by just £10,so £220 including postage,but i want an untouched original 42 so think i will ignore this one,regards minnie.

Its back on at £200 with yes NO takers,strange how he said there were other lids I might be interested in but failed to contact me,hymm not the sort of trust you need or want really on fleabay is it?watch this space me thinks,regards minnie.

?

This looks to be repainted and I'd bet postwar judging from the color and texture, with a treated not dyed liner. I've seem plenty of helmets with rusty interior domes and no rust anywhere else, probably had water inside at some point then stored in a high humidity environment which made oxidization encroach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2