Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M42 with painted Croatian national colours

Article about: For reasons of clarity I have posted this helmet here as a spin off thread from the other thread discussing Pascal's Croatian helmets. As you can see the national colours here are painted an

Default M42 with painted Croatian national colours

For reasons of clarity I have posted this helmet here as a spin off thread from the other thread discussing Pascal's Croatian helmets. As you can see the national colours here are painted and not a decal. I would be interested in learning more about these.

Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 with painted Croatian national colours   M42 with painted Croatian national colours  

M42 with painted Croatian national colours   M42 with painted Croatian national colours  

M42 with painted Croatian national colours   M42 with painted Croatian national colours  

Last edited by helmet2id; 07-16-2010 at 04:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 with painted Croatian national colours
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 with painted Croatian national colours

Hi Jim, I have edited and moved you post here as requested

I am interested to know about the two small holes in the side of the helmet? Has something been afixed there?

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jim, I have edited and moved you post here as requested

I am interested to know about the two small holes in the side of the helmet? Has something been afixed there?

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi All, I bought this about 10 years ago for peanuts, about $50, for parts, but left it as is after it arrived. The seller said he had an original German helmet with liner, chinstrap, and an unknown shield. When it arrived I saw the holes on the left, which I believe were post was drilled for the application of an Austrian flaming bomb device. The chin strap also looks like those on other post war Austrian police reissue helmets. A post war coat of paint had been stripped by a prior owner and the shield looks like it was under that paint and damaged when the paint was removed. It has been touched up with what looks like red pen. It was hand painted and the shape is a combination of the 2 styles of Croatian shields. I don't think for a minute that the shield is real, but was wondering if anyone knew whether the Heer Croatian shields were all decals, or sometimes hand painted? Anyone? Thanks, Jim G.

Hi Jim, thanks for the comments. I was thinking Austrian too I have no idea on the painted insignia issue. Given how you bought it, I think it was worth the gamble.

Cheers, Ade.

Hey i just stumbled upon a ckl68 m42 appeared to be single decal army.. it is repainted, came from Croatia about a decade ago and has the same 2 holes...
    and its a nice size 60!!

M42 with painted Croatian national coloursM42 with painted Croatian national coloursM42 with painted Croatian national coloursM42 with painted Croatian national coloursM42 with painted Croatian national colours

I'd agree, there was or maybe still is, something lurking under the paint. The two holes are intriguing... Would be very interested to see the type of 'flaming bomb device' Jim spoke of above..

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    I'd agree, there was or maybe still is, something lurking under the paint. The two holes are intriguing... Would be very interested to see the type of 'flaming bomb device' Jim spoke of above..

Good to see you back! Jim G.

?

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    The two holes are intriguing... Would be very interested to see the type of 'flaming bomb device' Jim spoke of above..
    Here is a link you might like then, one of Cricketchris's lids.
    It has the emblem still attached.
    M17 Austrian rural gendarmerie helmet.

Brad.

Thanks Brad. Interesting little badge. You learn something new everyday. It's going to take me some time to catch up with all that's been going on here since I last posted, years seem to fly by...

Hi Jim. It's good to be back and find that the familiar faces are still here. I've had a busy couple of years, new job, bought a house etc.. Looking forward to spending a lot more time here. I'm gonna have to learn how to use the forum properly again. New layout takes some getting used to.