Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M42 was it right to pay $200 for this

Article about: Hi guys picked this up for \\$200. someone has removed the liner not that long ago probably to put into something with a decal, such a shame!

Default M42 was it right to pay $200 for this

Hi guys picked this up for $200. someone has removed the liner not that long ago probably to put into something with a decal, such a shame!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 was it right to pay 0 for this   M42 was it right to pay 0 for this  

M42 was it right to pay 0 for this   M42 was it right to pay 0 for this  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 was it right to pay 0 for this
    P
    Many

Are you thinking of putting a liner in it ? There are sites in the US that sell late war liners (1944) for this one would work. If you have interest...germanhelmetdepot.com, Rich B. sells liners & split pins to complete this. There is a separate category on his site for parts.

Thing is...if you complete the helmet, the cost of what you paid already plus a liner, pins & chinstrap will cost you about the same for an untouched M42 ND.
    D.

M38
    ?

It's a nice looking shell but I agree with David. What you paid is on the upper end of what a shell is worth and completing it will cost as much as an untouched complete example probably. If you just want one helmet as an example to sit on the shelf though, find a set of original rivets - $30 or so on ebay - to put in it and it will look much better.

Cheers,
    Terry

Hi, i agree with David and Terry, but just consider the rocketing prices being asked for no decal M42's. I do not think you will have to hold onto it for to long for it to have become marked up in value. Leon.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll probably just leave it as it is.
    Regards B