Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 for sale SD.

Article about: Up for sale in the UK. Unfortunately I'm trying to obtain manufacturer details and more detail on the decal. Thoughts?

Default M42 for sale SD.

Up for sale in the UK. Unfortunately I'm trying to obtain manufacturer details and more detail on the decal.

Thoughts?

M42 for sale SD.M42 for sale SD.M42 for sale SD.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 for sale SD.
    P
    Many

So far no issues (string aside) . waiting for pics

Not an expert and can't tell about the decal much either but seens a gorgerous honest piece !

Waiting for more pics ...

Like you stated above the makers mark is very important all the photos are blurry when zoomed in. Liner to me looks a bit suspicious to me. . And The helmet looks like it maybe cleaned. A clear close up of the decal is also important. But with a low lot number it is possibly a good decal. Just need better close up photos of the whole helmet.

Looks fine so far.
    Manufacturer as already stated would be good to know, looks like an ET made helmet.
    I don't see anything wrong with the liner to be honest and the shine of the shell could come from worn paint, so far it doesn't look overly cleaned or anything to me.
    Luis

don't rush in getting opinions when the photos are poor and you do not have all the close-ups.

I took a look on my computer and I guess my only real complaint besides better pictures is the liner only because it looks like it has white spots where leather has just flaked off like how some reproduction liners do but like I said I could be completely wrong and the white spots could be where it was saturated by something and just changed color. Also to clear up my opinion on it being cleaned was because the shell looked shiny but it could very well be the light set up to take pictures of the helmet too.

Iam in no way trying to be a “negative Nancy” lol I just don’t want to give it praise and then someone rush to buy it then there be something wrong with the helmet. Just wanna be safe than sorry.

This helmet appears in the same auction as the one in the original post but this exact same helmet appears on the GHV spreadsheet as a ND. Not ideal for potential buyers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 for sale SD.   M42 for sale SD.  

M42 for sale SD.   M42 for sale SD.  

Well, the last one is a fake for sure, a rear stamped M40 Quist should not have two decals.

That should be a m40 no decal since it’s a rear stamped Quist helmet so looks like someone re-painted it and threw on decals trying to make it a M35...if this is the same sight as the helmet you have originally posted about be weary...

Edit—Adravor you beat me to it lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast