Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Sauerland Helmet

Article about: Decal is very similar to the one in Kens book from the Don Troiani collection but their are also some differences but they could be down to the photos and distortion etc , it really needs an

Default M42 Sauerland Helmet

M42 Sauerland HelmetM42 Sauerland Helmet

hello everybody,
    iam from germany and new in this very interessting forum! my school-english is not good,but i hope everybody here could understand me.
    the way i found this forum is, i was on search for details of the "mystic" sauerland helmet! i could not believe to see nearly the same helmet,i purchase a few days ago!!
    the story about my helmet is plausible and good! bought him near the town plettenberg in the sauerland in a farmly region from privat with historic information of the wearer.
    the grandfather from this family wear it 1945 near siegen in an anti aircraft group from freicorps sauerland.
    this helmet,modell 42 ,waste produktion(see on the border),manufactured in schwerte ns 64,looks same like the one from the member interlocutor!
    i try to take some better pictures with a different camera,this 2 pictures are not so good!
    best regards to all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Sauerland Helmet
    P
    Many

Wolfram66, would be nice to see more photos of your helmet, could you start a new thread for it?

?

Decal is very similar to the one in Kens book from the Don Troiani collection but their are also some differences but they could be down to the photos and distortion etc , it really needs an examination by someone who really knows about the declas before it is put up for sale anywhere !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Welcome to the forum friend, your helmet looks very promising but some nice clear daylight pictures would be good. I am no expert on this rare decal, but I do like what I see as the wear and pitting to the shell appear to be consistent with each other. Also, could you post images of the helmets interior and makers marks to help us. All the best, Leon.

?

THe only real way to verify this decal is with ADM analysis.
    Regards,
    John

Default m-42 sauerland helmet part 2

hello comunity and best regards from germany ,
    few days ago i post 2 pictures from the sauerland m42 helmet!
    now i take new pictures with an better camera an hope,they are meaningful !
    please enjoy and tell me your opinion for this realy untouched peace !

M42 Sauerland HelmetM42 Sauerland HelmetM42 Sauerland HelmetM42 Sauerland Helmet

MAP
    ?

Wolfram,

Hope this turns out to be a good one. But, the decal experts here are going to ask for a close up of the decal. Please make sure it is straight on and not from an angle. Do you also have a shot of the inside ?

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

here some pictures of the decal with different camera adjustments.
    i think it looks very authentic and is not a fake symbol,but iam not a great expert on it!

M42 Sauerland HelmetM42 Sauerland HelmetM42 Sauerland Helmet

MAP
    ?

Thanks! Let hope for some responses given the rarity of this type of decal and the condition of the helmet, it might be difficult to authenticate from pictures alone (as John has noted).

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)