MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M42 sawdust camo

Article about: I have the chance to buy this helmet. What do you think? Best pictures I have. Price is 500.00usd. Marty

Despite the ( justified ) bad rap Ebay and Craigslist gets, for many genuine sellers, it is the ONLY vehicle they have for selling.
    My advice - try to KNOW YOUR SELLER ( if at all possible ) .... do your research and when you find a reputable one ( see my next post ) hang onto them!!! ..... you WILL get some good stuff and at good prices.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 sawdust camo
    P
    Many

?

Glad to hear you passed on it Marty, it's a bogus as a $3 dollar note.

Brad.

She will be relisting the helmet soon. She truly believes it is real. We will see. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Yeah, good that you passed on this one IMO.

?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    She will be relisting the helmet soon. She truly believes it is real. We will see. Marty
    Of course "she" does. And "her" story is as real as the helmet.

The liner is an obvious fake as is the personalization. When a helmet is worn a personalization penned in a liner will fade out from friction/wear. This was written in yesterday. With what looks like a ballpoint pen.

To the poster who said SS runes embossed on a chinstrap never happened, I beg to differ. But you must know they are as rare as chickens with lips and won't ever be found on an M42. Especially one with a fake liner, fake chinstrap and fake textured camo.

"rare as chickens with lips" hahaha i dont know why but im picturing Mick Jagger!! Havent seen you in ages Doug always good to see your posts

?

"To the poster who said SS runes embossed on a chinstrap never happened, I beg to differ. But you must know they are as rare as chickens with lips and won't ever be found on an M42. Especially one with a fake liner, fake chinstrap and fake textured camo."

My bad Doug. I have never seen or heard of an SS marked chinstrap, Thought it would be a reproduction fantasy item. Cheers, Sean.

I talked to Karl at summer vacation military yesterday. Karl said his has ever seen a ss stamped chinstrap but said in his experience the few he has heard about were early war. And I agree maybe on a m35 but not to be seen on m42. Marty

Quote by DougB View Post
    Of course "she" does. And "her" story is as real as the helmet.

The liner is an obvious fake as is the personalization. When a helmet is worn a personalization penned in a liner will fade out from friction/wear. This was written in yesterday. With what looks like a ballpoint pen.

To the poster who said SS runes embossed on a chinstrap never happened, I beg to differ. But you must know they are as rare as chickens with lips and won't ever be found on an M42. Especially one with a fake liner, fake chinstrap and fake textured camo.
    Good to see you back Doug, I hope you have had a good rest. Also good to hear that you agree with our thoughts on this one!! Leon.

I wanted it to be real and for that price that would have been good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast