Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M42 sawdust camo

Article about: I have the chance to buy this helmet. What do you think? Best pictures I have. Price is 500.00usd. Marty

Default M42 sawdust camo

I have the chance to buy this helmet. What do you think? Best pictures I have. Price is 500.00usd. Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 sawdust camo   M42 sawdust camo  

M42 sawdust camo   M42 sawdust camo  

M42 sawdust camo   M42 sawdust camo  

Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 04-10-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 sawdust camo
    P
    Many

I'd need to look at it in hand personally mate. I'm not too keen on the chinstrap, and the liner has an odd look to it too for me. the fact it has an SS rank on there too just makes me even more cautious. The price is very low for what it is supposed to be. What is the source?

Overall I'm not convinced.

The ball point pen was invented in 1938 but it was rare to find one in circulation before 1945. The writing from a nib pen looks much different than that from a ball point. The name itself would make me want to see it in hand to see if it had an impression or was the much lighter float look of a nib.

KS, I was afraid to say where i saw it, we'll here it goes It was on eBay. Ok I said it. The liner did bother me also and I have asked for more pictures of the chinstrap the reserve was not met and the seller did on eBay have a 14 day return policy. Marty

?

I do not like the look of it overall, I could as always be wrong but I think the liner and chinstrap look like possible aged reproductions and it is hard to see clearly but it looks to me like there is pitting under the paint around skirt in the liner picture. Cheers, Sean.

The ballpoint pen was a concern also all my liner named helmets are in fountain pen. This is why I am asking. The more input the better. Marty

I think it stands a chance and if purchased on the Bay you can get a refund. That liner looks signed with a fine nib fountain pen to me not ballpoint but I fear the liner 'may be' a cheezy Czech fake.

Ok I just go an email from the seller about the liner and chinstrap. The helmet is from her fathers collection who died. Ok the liner she does not know if it is a replacement she is not an helmet person. The chinstrap has ss runes in a double circle stamped on it. Marty

?

I do believe no such SS marked chinstrap existed, That would put the whole set up in serious doubt, I would pass Marty. Cheers, Sean.

Hi ,I am not to keen on this helmet personally, the liner looks to be a "washed out"Norwegian replacement or an out and out fake to me. The naming is remarkably bright compared to the faded liner , I would guess it was added last week! As for the sawdust, again I am not convinced, there are some very even and uniform "scratches/damage" on the rear skirt especially. I think the sellers story is smoke and mirrors personally and the fact they claim not to know what they are selling only covers them for the "whoops, I am sorry" when you ask for a refund after being duped. Leon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast