Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 SD camo helmet

Article about: Hey gang...Here's another one of my favorites. Has about 50 percent of the sand cammo left on it. I wish I knew the history behind it - but I don't. I love the fact though that this camo was

Default M42 SD camo helmet

Hey gang...Here's another one of my favorites. Has about 50 percent of the sand cammo left on it. I wish I knew the history behind it - but I don't. I love the fact though that this camo was probably done by the soldier himself. Just mixed up some sand with some paint and voila....
    I'm not big on camo helmets 'cause there are some really good "reproduction" camo helmets - but I knew this was a good one so I went for it.
    This is a true combat vet lid - that's why I like it so much.
    I'm still waiting for it to start talking! Ahhhh, the tales it could probably tell!

Cheers!
    Rob

PS.....If anyone has any idea where this type of camo could have been used - I'd love to hear about it. Normandy? Russia? Italy?
    Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 SD camo helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images M42 SD camo helmet  M42 SD camo helmet  M42 SD camo helmet  M42 SD camo helmet  M42 SD camo helmet  M42 SD camo helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SD camo helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 SD camo helmet

Few more shots....I've had quite a few collectors discuss who the maker of the shell could be....I know Quist didn't make too many decalled M42's...but to me it looks like it could be a Q stamp on the skirt. Decal is too worn for me to tell if it's a bigfoot or not.

I'd like your thoughts as well. In one of the pics....I've tried to put in what I think the stamp looks like to the naked eye: Q66

Open for discussion anyways.....Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 SD camo helmet   M42 SD camo helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images M42 SD camo helmet  M42 SD camo helmet  M42 SD camo helmet 

?

Hi Rob, another great battle worn helmet, and thanks for sharing
    I think it is hard to determine where the camo was used as it could have been uses almost anywhere so one guess would be as good as another IMO.

Cheers
    Lars

Hey Lars! Thanks buddy! I appreciate your input!

Cheers!

Rob

Rob ! another nice Helmet ! congrat !

ps étrange le fini , on dirait du sable collé sur le dessus

Merci Pierre!!
    Yes, it's a sand/paint mixture...

Cheers!

Rob

Another nice vetern lid mate ,i like it , cheers Raymond

Thanks Raymond - if the helmet is in fact a Quist made shell, those are pretty rare! Just an added bonus though - I like it for its look.

Cheers!

Rob

i totally know what your talking about...

vonruffin
    ?

I thought Quist only made M42s in size 64 with lot #s beginning "DN_ _ _ _" and very dark (almost black) paint. My guess is the helmet in this thread is a CKL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast