Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M42 sd ns62

Article about: Hey guys, just saw this one. This is a dealer I have not dealt with yet. I have read previous posts on him, seems he passes. Would like your opinions on the following lid. Thanks in advance.

?

Default M42 sd ns62

Hey guys, just saw this one. This is a dealer I have not dealt with yet. I have read previous posts on him, seems he passes.
    Would like your opinions on the following lid. Thanks in advance.

M42 sd ns62M42 sd ns62M42 sd ns62M42 sd ns62M42 sd ns62M42 sd ns62M42 sd ns62M42 sd ns62M42 sd ns62

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 sd ns62
    P
    Many

Strap does not belong on that helmet and the liner is a 57, it should not be in a 62 helmet.

?

He restores helmets, so is this a restore labeled as original? The dealer is helmets of war by the way.
    He says the liner size is due to late war availability.

?

I just read DougB post on the dealer, and I will pass on him and his items.

?

The liner is a piece of crap. The way it bunches at the bottom of the photo just shows that an idiot put it on the metal liner band. This is just my opinion ( I do not have the helmet in hand ) The leather appears to be a light weight, 1 ounce, oak tan cow hide from the way it lays and hangs. Liners for combat helmets were made from sheep and pig skin that also have their own characteristics as a leather. My personal feeling is that this helmet is a clever restoration.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    The liner is a piece of crap. The way it bunches at the bottom of the photo just shows that an idiot put it on the metal liner band. This is just my opinion ( I do not have the helmet in hand ) The leather appears to be a light weight, 1 ounce, oak tan cow hide from the way it lays and hangs. Liners for combat helmets were made from sheep and pig skin that also have their own characteristics as a leather. My personal feeling is that this helmet is a clever restoration.
    A piece of crap is nicely put. I think I will stick with Bill at the Duck. Also thanks for the extra info on the liners SteveR.

Quote by visor View Post
    A piece of crap is nicely put. I think I will stick with Bill at the Duck. Also thanks for the extra info on the liners SteveR.
    Yep , a ruined helmet. As for the "cock and bull" about late war availability on liners, some idiots will say anything to make the piece of junk they are selling "fit" the history!! Leon.