Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M42 SD original parts??

Article about: Hi again, guys I wanted to check if I am getting the hang of this. This M42 initially looked promissing, but no I have doubts. Liner I think might be norwegian?? Because of colour, stitching

Default M42 SD original parts??

Hi again,

guys I wanted to check if I am getting the hang of this.
    This M42 initially looked promissing, but no I have doubts.
    Liner I think might be norwegian?? Because of colour, stitching and rusty liner??
    Also chinstrap looks repro, but am not sure.
    On the other hand, decal looks maybe ok (in that case norwegian liner would make no sence)

So, before I become sort of an expert , I would like to ask you experts if maybe I am on the right track.
    Maybe I am mistaken and this one is all good..

Thanks for opinions!

M42 SD original parts??M42-2.jpgM42 SD original parts??M42 SD original parts??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SD original parts??
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 SD original parts??

We'll need better pictures, preferably in sun/daylight, also pictures of the decal looking straight at it. I can tell you that the liner is not a Norwegian reissue.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

The decal is a fake unfortunately , for the strap and the liner better pics are required. Try shooting it outside , you have to much light bouncing of the helmet now.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The decal is a fake unfortunately , for the strap and the liner better pics are required. Try shooting it outside , you have to much light bouncing of the helmet now.
    Agreed on all points. Jim G.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    My sentiments exactly

Jason

Thanks guys. i will try and get better pics of the seller. but to be honoust. i kinda decided not to go for it because it doesnt feel right

What was the giveaway sign with the decal?