Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Single decal heer, opinions please!

Article about: You're welcome Here's a similar one in this topic , the M42 (also an EF). http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-...choose-221972/

Default M42 Single decal heer, opinions please!

Hi all,
    I have the chance of buying this helmet but from the pictures (I only have these three photos at present) I am not sure about the paint, decal or fit/look of the liner. The birds feet on the Swas do not look correct to me but I hope someone else can give me some more input, thanks in advance, Chris.

M42 Single decal heer, opinions please!M42 Single decal heer, opinions please!M42 Single decal heer, opinions please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Single decal heer, opinions please!
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 Single decal heer, opinions please!

To me the decal looks to be a repro of an early style that was phased out and shouldn't be on a M42. The wear is contrived to match the age but it fails to match the shells wear pattern! The chinstrap is a repro ( although many lids are 'enhanced this way ) so my opinion is that it is ( was ) a good no decal that has been 'spiced up'.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, a nice M42 with a repro decal and chinstrap.The decal just looks to thick,almost like a sticker!Very good looking liner though so if the price is right this lid is well worth having.

I'd have to agree with our friends above, chinstrap certainly looks repro, the liner i could'nt say and the decal doesn't look good to me either, but as stated a nice Shell all the same.

Phill.

- - Updated - -

What are the maker and lot #'s they might help the more experienced to determine what it should be.

Thanks for your prompt replies, I'll have to ask about the maker and lot numbers. The asking price is £300 GBP, there are another two helmets offered from the same seller which I will post shortly, thanks again, Chris.

For that price i would wait for a top notch non decal M42 with an original chinstrap.They are out there for that price!!If you want a single decal M42 i would look around the £350-£400 mark.

I agree, it's expensive IMO.

Got to agree with my well learned friends here. Its a spiced up ND M42 thats a tad on the expensive side. Would wait until a better value lid comes along

Cheers
    Jason

Correct decal for an EF helmet , I'd say the chinstrap is the only liability. Strange to read all these negative replies concerning the decal.

I don't like the look of the feet on the bird. The best I can tell from this somewhat blurry photos, I can't find a decal that shares the same features. I'm going to decide to be cautious about this helmet as far as the decal and chinstrap are concerned. The rest looks good. Not quite unissued condition, but lightly worn condition.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast