Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet

Article about: Hi everyone, I've been after a genuine, original WW2 German Luftwaffe helmet for a while now and my go-to dealer has had this M42 come up. It looks all correct to me, but just wanting to run

Default M42 Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet

Hi everyone,

I've been after a genuine, original WW2 German Luftwaffe helmet for a while now and my go-to dealer has had this M42 come up. It looks all correct to me, but just wanting to run it past the experts for confirmation. I'm also going to ask for close up photos of the stamps on the inside of the skirt. From what I can see, the strap is dated 1941, so not sure if it was a leftover and added on in 42, or is not original to the helmet - This isn't a deal breaker for me though.

Thanks!

M42 Single Decal Luftwaffe HelmetM42 Single Decal Luftwaffe HelmetM42 Single Decal Luftwaffe HelmetM42 Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet
    P
    Many

It is always best to post straight on shots of the decal and to id the maker but from what I see this one is fine and is actually in pretty good shape not with standing the damage to the leather on the front of the liner. Jim G.

From the limited pics...the helmet looks all original. it's a wartime pigskin strap. Having a 1941 dated strap is common on an M42 model helmet.
    D.

Thank you for the replies! I thought this was all good, just wanting to make sure! So glad to finally come across one like this.

Impossible to vet the decal with these photos of course , so far so good.

Hi, as said, the likelyhood is that it is all correct and fine, but decal close-ups are a must. Leon.

Do you have the Lot number? It would help to determine if the helmet should have a decal.
    I hope it is a good one as from the photos it looks very nice. Nice decal, which if genuine will look pretty good.
    Nick

Hi everyone, here is a photo of the stamp and decal. There is only one stamp located on the inside skirt at the rear of the helmet. From what I can see, possibly Ckl made size 66 shell?

M42 Single Decal Luftwaffe HelmetM42 Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet

No worries with this one - all is good. Jim G.

Out of curiosity, what do you look for to verify its a genuine ww2 original? Things like the paint or decal placement?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast