Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029

Article about: Yesterday I pulled out a box with a few SS helmets that I have had for a very long time. This one I have had for a while, but I don't remember when or from whom I bought it. It is a fairly w

nice sd 42 ss helmet I like this helmet a lot. thanks for posting.
    great to hear that you are still getting great enjoyment out of some of the older helmets that have been in your collection for a while.
    54 years and the joy of collecting is still there, I like that. good job.
    this may be all our fate to haha.
    jim you have posted a lot of great helmets. always rewarding look at. and read about. thanks mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029
    P
    Many

I for one and thankful for this thread. I just picked up a Heer single decal M42 with tilted/misaligned decal, and was curious about how they made it through inspection myself. It sounds like there are a lot of helmets like ours out there with decals that are misaligned and otherwise with little application errors.

I have an M35 combat police helmet with perfectly placed decals, but no doubt factories were staffed with mostly German non-slave laborers when it was made, and certainly operated without the late war production urgency. It sounds like a person would expect to see more and more errors of this nature as the war progressed? It would make sense in light of the changes from Wehrmacht command to speed up production times from the M35, to the M40 where they removed the separate air vent support rivets and started pressing them into the dome, to the M42 where they also stopped crimping over the bottom edges of the helmets. They clearly were more interested in quantity over quality at that point. It makes for interesting insight into the creation of these.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Mr. Fancy Pants! I'm far more easily pleased, just smother me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians!!
    BN, be careful what you wish for
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029  

Nice to see Larry Flynt's getting around a bit more these days.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hmmm... Sadly I don't think that's Larry Flint ;-( I like how the passenger is hanging on to the rider, novel idea. Maybe I should spend a little time on the back of my bike, never thought much of the idea up to now...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3