Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 unfinished?

Article about: I would say post-war also. chris

?

Default M42 unfinished?

In the last batch of helmets from the warehouse got this helmet.

Size 66. Metal painted black.

Air vents are not stamped but only drilled.

I understand this is an unfinished or semi-finished culling?

Czechs apparently blew black paint with the other helmets, especially not looking closely.

Generally interested in your opinion.

Thanks!

M42 unfinished?M42 unfinished?M42 unfinished?M42 unfinished?M42 unfinished?M42 unfinished?M42 unfinished?M42 unfinished?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 unfinished?
    P
    Many

Hi , to me it does not even look like a period M42. I know you have already mentioned the vents , but they would have been pressed at the same time of manufacture, the "flared" skirt also looks very poor on this one and the steel seems to thin. Not one for me , I would say a cheap copy rather than an unfinished original. Leon.

Strange. It has the shape of an EF shell, but that's all I can say.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , to me it does not even look like a period M42. I know you have already mentioned the vents , but they would have been pressed at the same time of manufacture, the "flared" skirt also looks very poor on this one and the steel seems to thin. Not one for me , I would say a cheap copy rather than an unfinished original. Leon.
    I'm kinda with you on this!...

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I know you have already mentioned the vents , but they would have been pressed at the same time of manufacture, the "flared" skirt also looks very poor on this one and the steel seems to thin. Not one for me , I would say a cheap copy rather than an unfinished original. Leon.
    I want to add to it. The helmet was taken from a warehouse in the Czech Republic, along with the rest of M42 helmets. Steel is not thin. The weight and thickness correspond to the original, I would even say that it is thicker. Vents on the individual process should be stamped, otherwise the helmet could not be drawn from the matrix.

I think so
    1. stamping helmet
    2. drilling of holes
    3. stamping vents
    4. finishing edges
    5. marking
    6. hardening
    7. painting

?

What are the manufacturer markings stamped on the inside of the skirt?

I don't know if the vents were drilled at the factory, rather a two piece stamp was probably used, with a 'male' part that punched the hole after the dome of the vent was created. That's just from observation though so it could be off.

Yes, the vents were pressed in at the same time when the helmet was stamped.

?

This shell looks postwar either way. That flared raw edge around the skirt is nothing like any wartime M42 I've seen.

?

Got to agree, post war look alike and not very well manufactured, the flaring flaws extend further into the dome from the edge this is not seen on originals and would have been considered sub standard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast