Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

M45 Helmets

Article about: Left: B/II prototype. To have been the new 'stahlhelm 45' but never put into mass production. It has the M44 liner system. Right: M45-A. Also called 'ventless M42'. It has the M31 liner syst

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Right then, no worries. That was the reason I was a bit stand-offish with you in my previous post. I thought you were saying you had made the liner in Brian's helmet, which would be a bit of a bombshell to drop and then not reply again
    No problem, but if I had made that liner I would have noted it on the WAF .
    I think that is where my picture came from, there or perhaps Axis history. I forget.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M45 Helmets
    P
    Many

This is not a messed with M65?

If this is real this is one of the cooler new things I just learned about- I heard there "possibly" a m45 but this is the first I've ever seen- pretty cool!

Quote by 1stCTHeavyArtillery View Post
    This is not a messed with M65?

If this is real this is one of the cooler new things I just learned about- I heard there "possibly" a m45 but this is the first I've ever seen- pretty cool!
    Yes, there really WAS such a helmet, but as it was never adopted, I am not sure if the M45 title was ever given to it. Maybe it would have been an M44 helmet - as the liner designed for it was the m44 liner. Who really knows? The big question is, which ones are "real". I made one from an M56 helmet, with an M44 liner I made from scratch, before Brian Ice turned up one which I think has the best chance of being a real one.

I'll post a photo of the real one taken during the war, along with my replica (with rolled under edges), which I made because the description of the Thale prototype helmet mentions the bottom edge has a flange, "an artefact of the stamping process" which saved several steps needed to make the B/II helmets edge. I took that to mean the edge must have been rolled. So, first, a wartime photo of an unimpeachable example, and then my junk I made.M45 HelmetsM45 HelmetsM45 HelmetsM45 HelmetsM45 Helmets

Such a odd design, I'd guess it was as mentioned a helmet that just had a few stamping steps taken out- amazing that the East Germans adopted a similar style!

It be great to see a wartime photo of it.

Thanks so much for the info.

What is the story behind the photos???
    Is it yours?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

No it is not mine
    I find these photos on the web
    Is this original?

MAP
    ?

Rust bucket shell with like new liner??? Looks like new rust as well.

What did the website say this was?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like the first variant of the NVA's M56, before they implemented the "paratrooper" chinstrap, though it is also possible it is from 1945.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast