Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Maybe a German helmet?

Article about: Hello all, I really hope everyone on here is doing well! This will be my first thread in the German section. I am doing some research on this helmet for a friend and I am at a complete loss.

Default Re: Maybe a German helmet?

Hello again KMMorris, I was thinking the brownish square might have been a decal or something that was added after the war. Good to know that the liner and chin strap are original. Thank you for your time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130614_160520.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	526191

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Well, Swiss helmet is not bad at all - at least a high quality item:-)

Oh no don't get me wrong I think this helmet is really cool. I would want it for my growing collection. I am now considering buying it. I was just wondering y'all's thoughts on the brown square. I was thinking post war decal or something.

From Alex

I concur a Swiss helmet.

Swiss indeed!

Thank you guys for your support!

As has been said, Swiss. The liner and chin strap are original to the piece, but the liner band, which has a break in the rear, makes it a post WWII piece.

Thank you for your info helmet2id. i was thinking the chin strap is post war, good to know it's not. May I ask, what do you think is a good price point I should pay for this helmet? I have seen prices on ebay ranging from 9.99-170.00 usd.

From Alex

170 USD is steep to me. We paid 15 for ours. One ebay there are some for 20.

Hmmm thank you. I thought 170 was pretty cheep. I am just wondering are these helmets more popular over in your part of the world?

From Alex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast