Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Medics helmet start 850£s

Article about: Another exspensive helmet up on ebay uk.the name and unit number look post war.the big red cross is still shiny and the white wash is still very clean.in wartime a helmet is whitewashed as w

Default Medics helmet start 850£s

Another exspensive helmet up on ebay uk.the name and unit number look post war.the big red cross is still shiny and the white wash is still very clean.in wartime a helmet is whitewashed as we know because its in a snowy region very cold and damp.russia comes to mind.awful weather condition in my opinion would have left a snow camo helmet in much worse condition than this.the liner in clean and fresh.imagine the sweat a medic in battle conditions would put out through his head onto the liner,ect.it feel a wrong one to me subject to further study.what do you think ,ill get the ebay number for you guys.160422451310

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medics helmet start 850£s
    P
    Many

Default Re: Medics helmet start 850£s

Thought I'd put the pictures up incase it gets pulled. Agree with the comments about this helmet. It's so bad its good

In fact, if you've ever handled a real snow camo, after 65 odd years, it ain't white! but yellowish

A very interesting and unusual original ww2 German army medics helmet, this has been the pride of my collection for many years and will be sadly missed. the helmet is in amazing condition, you can just see the age to it and it has obviously seen some action, the inside skirt has the original soldiers details to it so could be researched although I would have no idea where you would start? the original liner is in place and excellent but does show some wear around the edges, the underside is stamped with makers marks and a date of 194? this is pressed hard agains the helmet on the leather and is hard to see, the liner pand looks to be dated 1944 although again very hard to see. the chinstrap may be a replacement as i have always thought that it feels too thin but may be wrong possibly just late war?? all in all a lovely desireable item.
    Attached Images Attached Images Medics helmet start 850£s  Medics helmet start 850£s  Medics helmet start 850£s  Medics helmet start 850£s  Medics helmet start 850£s  Medics helmet start 850£s 

?

Already been/ being discussed : https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...genuine-18022/ Unfortunately, nobody's really elaborating on why they think it one way or the other so it's hard to tell what the true verdict is...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Already been/ being discussed : https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...genuine-18022/ Unfortunately, nobody's really elaborating on why they think it one way or the other so it's hard to tell what the true verdict is...
    Matt, I think everyone has offered thier opinion on this lid, apart from the fake strap, and put together liner, the paint is not in keeping with a helmet that has seen 70 odd years of storage. As i said before original whitewash helmets often display a yellowish tinge, hard to believe something like that one, unless it's come out of the ground buried in peat. I didn't realise it was the same one.........must be my age

?

Elaborated- nobody's elaborated much, I didn't say there weren't opinions offered. Few have said just why the thing they thing is wrong is- 'doesn't look right' is really not terribly useful if not supported by clear facts, is it? I don't recall anyone commenting on the lack of yellow in that thread but that's the kind of thing that is helpful- but then one could ask if maybe it's the flash of the camera or if it's been cleaned of course...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Elaborated- nobody's elaborated much, I didn't say there weren't opinions offered. Few have said just why the thing they thing is wrong is- 'doesn't look right' is really not terribly useful if not supported by clear facts, is it? I don't recall anyone commenting on the lack of yellow in that thread but that's the kind of thing that is helpful- but then one could ask if maybe it's the flash of the camera or if it's been cleaned of course...
    With camo's no-one can make his opinion fact , that's why with camo's you'll need multiple opinions.

For me the helmet paint looks too fresh , lacks patina. The name and unit marking doesn't inspire me either nor does the fake chinstrap and dubious liner.

These are not hard to fake either. White paint and red paint and a good shell.
    Couple that with the fact that an original one which gives off all the right signs would be sold quicker than a heartbeat.

I'm sure I'm not alone with this opinion.

This is what the paint would appear like without the flash.....
    Attached Images Attached Images Medics helmet start 850£s 

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    an original one which gives off all the right signs would be sold quicker than a heartbeat.
    That is an excellent point, most of these are sold "off books" 90% of collectors don't even know they are there.............until they're sold