Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medium Weight M34 Luftschutz Helmet

Article about: I have had this one forever. It is a somewhat rare Luftschutz helmet in that it is what I would describe as a medium weight shell, not unlike those edelstahl shells we see most often with Po

Default Medium Weight M34 Luftschutz Helmet

I have had this one forever. It is a somewhat rare Luftschutz helmet in that it is what I would describe as a medium weight shell, not unlike those edelstahl shells we see most often with Police decals or SS decals, but with Frankenstein vent lugs, not the usual bulged vents we see on most of the shells of this shape. The shell is unmarked, and retains most of the original factory applied matte black paint. It has the more common 4 rivet liner assembly but the leather and chin strap have been lost to time. The decal is slightly offset to the wearer's left and has taken more than a few unfortunate hits but the damage is uniformly spread out and doesn't detract that much, at least to my eye. I have always intended to upgrade this one, I just haven't come across another one. Anyway, here it is. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medium Weight M34 Luftschutz Helmet   Medium Weight M34 Luftschutz Helmet  

Medium Weight M34 Luftschutz Helmet   Medium Weight M34 Luftschutz Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medium Weight M34 Luftschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

?

In case you wish to,I would be grateful if you would check my post cKL66 5475
    I have a rough example of your Chocolate brown helmets.
    Any input from an acknowledged owner of these would be wonderful.
    Thank you in any case,it is always a pleasure to view your collection.

?

I love that helmet, I have never seen another like it either. Thanks for posting !

Nice looking lid.

I also like this one - lovely patina and wear to it. These Luftschutz helmets are very nice IMO.
    Nick

MAP
    ?

Nice Jim.

Storage container #132?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Jim can post a different shell made between 1933 and 1945 each day of the year , for how many years he can keep this up I can’t say.

never seen a similar one so far Jim. I like it.

Very unusual, thanks for showing it Jim. Leon.

Never seen one like that before ... Interesting

Thanks for showing