Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Messed with m40 - but original DAK paint?

Article about: Probably not, but does the paint on this at least look like it might be original? The swastika obviously isn't, but what's up with the tag on the liner? (which was probably added later since

Default Messed with m40 - but original DAK paint?

Probably not, but does the paint on this at least look like it might be original? The swastika obviously isn't, but what's up with the tag on the liner? (which was probably added later since the rivets aren't colored)

Looked interesting so I figured I'd ask about it.

Thanks,
    John

Messed with m40 - but original DAK paint? Messed with m40 - but original DAK paint? Messed with m40 - but original DAK paint?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Messed with m40 - but original DAK paint?
    P
    Many

?

Can you at least take better pics ?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Apparently DAK helmets were only painted on the outside - oops! Not my pictures unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it! :P )

MAP
    ?

Don't count this out just yet. Better photos are definitely needed. A lot going on with this helmet...

- The Swaz on the top could be Vet art.
    - The tag inside could be the soldiers name. This type of cloth tag is not uncommon.
    - Appears to be an M35 and not an M40 from the rivets. From the photo I can't be sure if it is a single banded aluminum liner or a later Steel
    - No paint on the rivets is not necessarily a bad sign but...it does look like it was painted under the rivets....which if I am correct means the liner was removed
    - And also paint underneath, while something to be careful about is also not a killer in and of itself. That said, I can't tell from these blurry photos if the whole inside is painted...
    - Just because it is "tan" does not make it a DAK. Could be "Sudfront/Mediterranean"

In the end, I will leave this to the camo master for opinions. My eyes and these photos do not work well together...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree. Better pics are needed to form an opinion on this. MAP is correct..an M35.
    Being painted tan on the inside skirt if original, is actually a "bonus" to a camo helmet collector. For most, it adds value & makes it more desirable. The paint missing from the split pin heads is very common on an M35 due to the "nickel" & other metals used on early pins. They caused adhesion problems, so not a concern in regards to originality.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Agree. Better pics are needed to form an opinion on this. MAP is correct..an M35.
    Being painted tan on the inside skirt if original, is actually a "bonus" to a camo helmet collector. For most, it adds value & makes it more desirable. The paint missing from the split pin heads is very common on an M35 due to the "nickel" & other metals used on early pins. They caused adhesion problems, so not a concern in regards to originality.
    Much better said than me

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Much better said than me
    Not true M. You covered all the bases...be great if the OP can get a few better pics out under that beautiful, clear Michigan sunshine !!

MAP
    ?

It was those fine points on the split pins and underside paint Lol

That said, with better photos we will have our answer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and am hopeful

Apparently this helmet is owned by a forum member who's posted it here before and also on USMF. LINK: Picked up German helmet from vet,

Given the ridiculously low price, and how it was given to him by the veteran himself, who was a friend, and how he lives in upstate New York, I think it's safe to say whoever is "selling" this is NOT the actual owner and is a scammer. Question: what's the point of "selling" something you don't own? Is it just to get someone's email in order to spam them?

CBH
    ?

Probably a no paypal sale, hoping for a money order or similar.
    Crooks are crooks, and the internet is full of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast