Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

militaria fair helmet. real or fake? I cant decide...

Article about: by trooper So 850 is too high then for this helmet? i know it's probably more expensive than you guyus would pay, but as im just starting out i thought id rather, for my own safety, buy fro

Default Re: militaria fair helmet. real or fake? I cant decide...

Quote by trooper View Post
    I've just emailed and asked for my deposit back. I only gave it yesterday so hopefully ill get it back.
    God it's so hard when you first start. I would have gone for the helmet that started this thread for that price, IF it hadn't have been denazified. It was quite tidy for that price.
    Thanks so much for the advice and ill take my time. As a side note, here are the helmets that i bought today, the 'dug up' ones 50 for the pair. Could you tell me what model these were please if possible? Many thanks Kyle

Heres the first:
    It's tough if you need that first hit but patience pays off otherwise you'll blow your money on lesser helmets and you'll regret it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Buying helmets is a game of patience and waiting for the right one to come along. It's a rush to buy a helmet, whether it's your first helmet or 100th helmet (I'm not there yet ) but I'm sure Doug can testify to the rush and thrill. Keep looking and the right one will come along. Sometimes passing on one helmet leads to a better one. You'll get one, dont stress

I will try again,sorry!! One of you helmets looks to have square bales so it is most likely to be an M35. Leon.

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    M35s or M40's, its difficult to see the vent holes. they need a bucket of oxalic !!
    M35's you don't need the vent holes to tell when the liner band is still there , as Leon has quite correctly pointed out there is an easy way to tell.

A good idea is to learn the basic ways to tell the different patterns of each of the helmets apart .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    M35's you don't need the vent holes to tell when the liner band is still there , as Leon has quite correctly pointed out there is an easy way to tell.

A good idea is to learn the basic ways to tell the different patterns of each of the helmets apart .
    Very good point indeed, assuming the liner and liner band are original to the shell, quite often they are not

EDIT: Just looked at the helmet that started this thread, clearly not an M35 but the liner seems to have square bales? Just looked again, maybe not.

The relic could quite easily have had a later M40 liner fitted, yet the shell would still be an M35 ?? One could only confirm by seeing the vent holes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123