Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet

Article about: Uh-oh, do i sense the gloves about to come off?? Regardless, it's stil a nice helmet, Steve! Shame the decal didn't survive as well as the paint did.

?

Default Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet

This is a text book example of model 1940 navy / coastal artillery helmet marked EF 64 Manufacturer Emaillerwerk AG Fulda.
    Model 40 and 42 navy / coastal artillery were painted a fine grained ( aluminium oxide mixed in paint ) slate grey color with an applied gold decal. Note the sparkle in the gold. This thin winged decal is found on EF helmets. The chinstrap is is marked Heinrich Shone KG and dated 1941. Navy helmets usually had a ship or boat marking on the inside of the helmet. This leads me to believe that this particular helmet is coastal artillery.
    Thought you folks would like to see a hard to find naval / coastal artillery helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet   Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet  

Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet   Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet  

Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet   Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet
    P
    Many

Arrow Re: Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet

Hello Steve , by the looks of it a nice thin winged KM adler.
    However I have to disagree with your statement that the helmet was painted for the KM. It's the standard EF factory paint as found on Heer and KM helmets.
    What's the lotnr of the helmet ?

Default Re: Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet

I've heard coastal artillery helmets were painted black. Any truth to that? If so, I assume that was done in the field?

The paint is typical for any Heer or Kriegsmarine helmet. It is a good KM though. I like it.

I have seen helmet that were painted black for flak teams, but not necessarily for coastal artillery. I think that it would be safe to say that any KM helmet with a 2 or 3 tone camo would more than likely be coastal artillery. Other than that, factories did not paint helmets differently for different purposes other than Luftwaffe blue, early SS and police black, and perhaps a couple of others.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    The paint is typical for any Heer or Kriegsmarine helmet. It is a good KM though. I like it.

I have seen helmet that were painted black for flak teams, but not necessarily for coastal artillery. I think that it would be safe to say that any KM helmet with a 2 or 3 tone camo would more than likely be coastal artillery. Other than that, factories did not paint helmets differently for different purposes other than Luftwaffe blue, early SS and police black, and perhaps a couple of others.
    How many helmets do you have in your collection OB ?

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Hello Steve , by the looks of it a nice thin winged KM adler.
    However I have to disagree with your statement that the helmet was painted for the KM. It's the standard EF factory paint as found on Heer and KM helmets.
    What's the lotnr of the helmet ?
    I cant quite make it out .
    This is the best picture I can get.
    Here is a photo.
    I did forget to mention the rough texture green grey for KM helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Model 40 navy / coastal artillery helmet  

Great looking lid Steve

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Thanks Eric.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    How many helmets do you have in your collection OB ?
    Just a few. But you don't need to own many helmets to study them. You just have to handle and look at as many as you can.

?

I have 50 or more nazi helmets, stopped counting a long time ago, and have handled countless numbers over the 47 years I have been seriously collecting and studying them. Of course I am not always right either.
    Just wanted to know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast