Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Model 42 undecalled army

Article about: I can remember clearly buying this helmet from a chap who had been a young boy at the end of the Occupation of the Island. He had been with some other children down at St.Helier Harbour watc

Default Model 42 undecalled army

I can remember clearly buying this helmet from a chap who had been a young boy at the end of the Occupation of the Island. He had been with some other children down at St.Helier Harbour watching the German soldiers being shipped off the Island to POW camps in the UK. Whilst watching the column of men march past one soldier broke rank and walked up to him and gave him his helmet. So the chap kept the help formerly belonging to Dittmeier for approximately 50 years along with some other items and then decided to sell them to me. I was stood outside our family shop in town and noticed a chap some 30 yards away with a plastic carrier bag in his hand. Even from that distance I just knew there was a helmet in the bag. He had a lovely collection of bits and pieces he had picked up as a kid and I managed to get them all. And I still have them to this day.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Model 42 undecalled army   Model 42 undecalled army  

Model 42 undecalled army   Model 42 undecalled army  

Model 42 undecalled army  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Model 42 undecalled army
    P
    Many

Default Re: Model 42 undecalled army

Great story D !

Nice story,I also like that dome stamp.
    chris