Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Modell1940 ET64 Heer

Article about: Hope I can have a little information about my helmet.

Default Modell1940 ET64 Heer

Hope I can have a little information about my helmet.Modell1940 ET64 HeerModell1940 ET64 HeerModell1940 ET64 HeerModell1940 ET64 HeerModell1940 ET64 HeerModell1940 ET64 HeerModell1940 ET64 HeerModell1940 ET64 Heer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Modell1940 ET64 Heer
    P
    Many

Seems to me its not an M40, but rather an M35 Helmet with doubel decals. My first impression is that it is a rather salty, but original helmet.
    Cant comment on the decals yet (Although i like the rust traces, seems original at first glance), i will later take a closer look at them and then comment what i think about the.

Like it at first glance! May i ask how you got it? Found it, bought it or enherited it?

?

I think I see a lot of pitting with paint over it which means it is bad. I'm not sure if its pitting, just a thought.

Yes shure thats right, pictures are here now.

Ok,thanks. the chinstrip is market with 1940

Yes I enherited it from my dad, he has this helmet since the 70th.

For me look the pitting is on the surface of the thick paint on the outside

I think the pitting is under the paint, a lot of small holes, i have seen similar pitting on another M35 i own.
    I think the Decals have a chance to be originals, although the heer eagels line seem a bit weird to me.
    The National Shield looks good to me, especially with the amount of pitting arround it, it looks like it was applied before the rust started, which is a good sign.

The Liner and shell are definitly original imo, the chinstrap is a bit too late for an DD M35, but it could be a post-war, or wartime addition.

Modell1940 ET64 HeerModell1940 ET64 Heer
    Pictures of my helmet, you see the similar pattern of many small rust holes, with paint inbetween, although my example is in a way worse state.

I would wait for further opinions on the helmet though.

The helmet is 100% period original, but a victim of poor storage. A shame, but still a nice helmet.

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The helmet is 100% period original, but a victim of poor storage. A shame, but still a nice helmet.
    I leaning in the direction that Jim is highlighting. Poor exposure/storage has led to the pitting.

Has the helmet been cleaned at all? Even a light rubdown to remove any oxidation? The liner is a reinforced aluminum band primarily used in M35 (but seen in M40's). I would agree that this is an M35 due to the two decals but it really is hard to make out if the vents are stamped or rivets. Can you confirm? Feel inside the helmet to see if you feel a rivet or just a stamping of the vents. But only do this if it does not damage the liner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast